Sign in to follow this  
D1sasterouz

Strange Happenings.

I wanna hear about strange things that have happened to everyone. About 2 years ago me and my friends were playing basketball at a local school in the park. We got there a little late and the sun was almost down but it was still a pretty warm day. The sun went down and the lights came on so we kept playing. It was pretty dark now and the path we had come through which is just a tiny bridge surrounded by trees was engulfed in darkness. Even though the school is on a main road there wasn't much traffic going around. While we were playing I noticed a glimmer of light down from near the bridge. Next a figure in white came out and started up the path. I quickly told my friends about it and we watched this figure walk halfway up the paved path and stop. The weird thing is that the figure didn't seem to be walking but gliding. It appeared to be a womans figure in some sort of dress but it was an odd glowing eerie kind of white. I hadn't noticed before but it hadn't dropped it temperature alot. At first we sat there and watched but then we decided it would be best to leave but im sure we were all scared out of our minds. I was around 16 at the time and one of my friend's brothers who was probably in 6th grade at the time was crying and out of control. We got to the nearest business we could find with my friends brother crying in a panic and they called the cops. The cops said they saw no one when they went to check the school or the neighborhood around it. To this day me and my friends try to avoid going there at night and we don't talk about it. I have no idea what I saw but all my friends agree that it was just an odd glowing white and there was like no motion on the dress as if it was a person walking.

I've had three things happen to me that make me wonder what's out there.  

The first two both happened on the Chickahominy Wildlife Management Area in Charles City County, VA.  The area has a long history, with Capt. John Smith exploring the area in the 1600s.  

Both occurrences happened on quite mornings while I was spring turkey hunting.  

One morning I had arrived at my spot an hour or so before sunrise.  I took a seat at the base of a tree with the plan to wait awhile before sounding off with some locator calls.  While I was sitting there, I started to hear voices.  I distinctly heard a man and a woman talking in a normal tone of voice in a language I could not understand.  It sounded as if it were about 20 feet away.  I was straining to see in the direction of the voices and never saw anyone.  I would have heard anyone approaching.  And there was no evidence anyone had gotten there before I did.  I never say another hunter the rest of the day.  

The second incident happened near the same area.  I had walked down a very long trail from where I had parked my truck.  It was still dark and the moon was out.  My plan was to get into the woods and let thing settle down before I started calling.  I had walked a great distance and stopped by a tree to relax.  I looked back up the trail from where I had come and I saw a faint red glow.  For a moment I thought I was seeing a taillight of a vehicle but realized the bends in the trail and the distance would have made that impossible.  The next thing I realized was that the glow was coming towards me.  The glow had a brighter center with diffuse edges.  I would say it was about the size of a basket ball.  I figure it must be the red lens of another hunter's flashlight.  But the center of the light, while bright, wasn't that bright.  The trail was covered in gravel yet I heard no footsteps.   The light grew nearer and nearer in perfect silence.  When it was about 50 yards away it veered of to my left and drifted across a small field and faded out when it reached the wood line.  When it did that, I knew there was not way it was another person.  It drifted across the high field stubble very quickly, smoothly and completely quietly.  

Curiously, when these two things happened, I wasn't startled at all.  I don't know if it was because I was holding a shotgun or because I felt no threat.  To this day, I cannot explain either occurrence.  

The third thing that happened occurred in my house and does sort of creep me out.  I was lying in bed at about 1:00AM.  I wasn't asleep.  I was looking out the doorway into the hall.  I heard a person walking across the floor in the adjoining room.  Next thing I saw as a figure walk past the doorway and turn into the bathroom and disappear around the corner.  I thought it was an odd time for my wife to be up but then I felt her lying behind me.  I went cold.  My next thought was "intruder."  My gun was upstairs.  I had nothing.  I lay there for a minute or two then quietly slipped out of bed.  I darted into the adjoining room, grabbed my trusty snake stick, and flipped on the light.   I was able to see at an angle into the bathroom.  I saw and heard nothing.  I snuck up on the bathroom and figure whoever must be standing in the shower with the curtain pulled.  I snuck up fully ready to give this dude the stainless steel end of my stick.  Pulled the curtain back - nothing.  

To this day, I don't know if I half-dreamed that or it really happened.