Sign in to follow this  
GitRDoneIke23

I'm Quitting My Addiction 2

I've decided,NO MORE TACKLE for at least 6 months, maybe more.

Instead I'll be working to make payments to a new Z-Turn mower (52 inch deck), a horse, and fixing up my truck.

I have $1700 in the bank. Mower costs about $4,000. Horse somewhere around $1,000 and My truck could use $800. YIKES!!! :o:o:o

Yes, this means no new Curado :(:(:(:(

I'll still be fishing, just not buying any more tackle. Well..............maybe $10 of lures here and there ::) ::) ::)

Tight Lines ;) 8-)

You won't make it six months,he who must not be named(baitmonkey) is too powerful!

Atta boy!! Dave would be proud. ...lol (Dave Ramsey, that is)

LOL!! You don't know how funny that is to me!!!

My friends dad, recently started listening to him. So they're on the "beans & rice diet" And saving money almost any way they can. We're always making jokes about it. It's HILARIOUS!!!

Tight Lines ;) 8-)

P.S. It's one of thoose jokes where ya have to be there to understand it. ;)

I'm a FPU facilitator so I get to hear lots of cool and funny stories.  You ought to read up on why they are saving... some of the most basic ideas around have been forgotten.  You are young enough that you could be well set for life if you took a few basic steps while you are young.   ;)

"You know you are on the right track when all your broke friends are making fun of you!"  

-Dave Ramsey

I too am on a fishing - purchase related "diet". You'd be proud Git-r

I've still got one x-mas gift card and $24 of in store credit since before christmas. I spent $6 of the credit at Dick's for the kids to clinb the climbing wall.

I think I am driving my wife crazy with them. I don't think she can comprehend a person with "cash" in their hand and not spending it. That is a whole long thread in itself so lets not "officially" go there lol.

Keep up the good work Git - R   giddy up horse you are almost there!

I'm a FPU facilitator so I get to hear lots of cool and funny stories. You ought to read up on why they are saving... some of the most basic ideas around have been forgotten. You are young enough that you could be well set for life if you took a few basic steps while you are young. ;)

"You know you are on the right track when all your broke friends are making fun of you!"

-Dave Ramsey

Actually I'm trying to figure out which type of fund/stcok or whatever I need to invest in. I'd liek to start putting $200-$500 a month in some sort of investment fund or something. Any ideas??

I kinda hijacked my own thread...... ;D ;D ;D LOL!!

Ilini..........I'm proud of ya bud!! Thanx for the encouragement! I'll need all I can get during theese LOOOOOONG next 6 months!

Tight Lines ;) 8-)

Any ideas??

Since you asked, find a FPU class in your area... it will change your life, if you pay attention. There are specific lessons on saving, investing, retirement, etc. and the steps to get there are clearly outlined.  You will learn to understand why and what you are putting your money in, not just being told what to do.

go to:  http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/

just enter your zip code and find the nearest class.