Sign in to follow this  
fishinfiend

Va fisherman

I just heard about the tornadoes that passed through your state.  I hope that all of you are ok and none of your belongings were damaged, especially your fishing gear.

Suffolk, a city in southeast VA, which is just across the river from me, got hammered by an F3 tornado. That's a huge tornado for Virginia. The last F3 to hit Virginia was back in the 1940s - according to the news. Parts of Suffolk are wrecked.  My city was scarely touched. I was looking at the news and some of the footage looked like footage from Kansas, or someplace like that. Just terrible.

My brothers house is in Suffolk, VA and he was lucky that it missed his house by about 1 mile.  It did hit the hospital (the cancer ward) in Suffolk.  My brother was glad their house was spared but was pretty upset because he works at the hospital as a doctor.

It is a bad scene and a scary one, too.

The tornado that hit Southpark Mall (second time, same location as the first one about ten years ago) just missed Dance's, a great fishing tackle store.

As I tell my clients, a tornado is your worst enemy. Don't worry about hurricanes as we get a lot of warning before they strike, but we get no warning with a tornado.

It could have been much worse.  We are very luck no one was killed.

Thanks fishinfiend for the support.

I was actually working that day and we had to respond to Colonial Heights for mutal aid. It was pretty hectic but everyone made it out ok. I think there was like 18 injuries but nothing real serious.

A buddy of mine that was off duty got stuck in it. His windows out of his brand new mustang got shattered from the pressure of the tornado.

Suffolk definetly got hit alot worse than us. My prayers go out to you guys!!!