Sign in to follow this  
fishinfiend

gator tail, anyone?

I found this pic in yesterday's newspaper. This gator was destroyed because it was becoming a little too "friendly." The pic is a little misleading because the guy is standing behind and not beside the gator. They captured him in the Dog River near Mobile, Al. He was 11'3". Sure wish I could get a gator liscense this year. He looks deliscious.

post-13145-130162959692_thumb.jpg

MMMMMMM gator tail

I havent had gator tail in a few years, the last time i had it was when i went to razoos Cajun restaurant but i havent forgot how good they taste .

does it really taste like chicken?  :o

AL

Sauce Piquant or grilled  ;)

I heard it taste like chicken, I don't know I'm too far north to even have gators around here but I would like to try and catch one that would be one h*ll of a rush :D

Gator tail is awesome,, grilled,,, deep fryed, mmmmmmmmmmmm with a big dish of jalapeno hushpuppies.....

Never had gator tail, how's it taste?

it has a mild flavor and seasons up very well... i like it best when fried... i do not think it tastes like chicken

Alligator tastes like gator not chicken. It actually tastes similiar to froglegs and turtle

There are several misleasing pictures on the net This is a gator just over 11 feet

2ju050.jpg

His head before I taxidermy his skull

24q1wup.jpg

Here is one close to 12 feet that I got last week

4sz5s5.jpg

I attempted my first film the other day. My wife was filming me with our new digital camera. I was getting a 9 footer and had a misfire about 1/2 way through the clip you hear me hit the gator and its just a click!!! That ticks them off , then I was near an airstrip and a plane was taking off making the gator stay under my boat. I finially busted him with a 444 marlin in the bangstick.

http://tinypic.com/p...p?v=293wsuh&s=3