Sign in to follow this  
hawgchaser

Gas Prices! Guess I cant get mad at the wife for  those new shoes...

Dang I just added up my gas bill from the marina for last month..$1018!!!!!! thats just for the boat.....Ouch

I have always said that gas wouldn't change my habits but I may stay a little closer to the cabin from now on. Gas is nearly $5/gallon at the marina. So I dont think I will be making those long runs to my favorite holes.

Don't own a boat. But I do travel to other ponds/swamps that I like to fish. So far this year I haven't hit a couple of them. There probably about 30 miles round trip. Which isn't bad. But when I have five different places that I can fish that are only 5 miles or less away than that makes me think twice of going any farther. Gas is a killer. There is no way I would be able to afford running a boat right now.

All I can say is wow, that is a lot of money for gas for your boat. Ii now costs me about $30 a month rather than the $15 a month for my boat then I spent last year. I am sure glad I went with a small boat and motor. It may take me a while to get where I am going but I am not spending all of my money on gas either.

Don't own a boat. But I do travel to other ponds/swamps that I like to fish. So far this year I haven't hit a couple of them. There probably about 30 miles round trip. Which isn't bad. But when I have five different places that I can fish that are only 5 miles or less away than that makes me think twice of going any farther. Gas is a killer. There is no way I would be able to afford running a boat right now.

I can't afford to keep that up either. I do have to say that included a 3 day weekend with several couples. I had to pull a dang tube around for three days and was probably half the bill.

I have a '97 Johnson 225 that chugs gas like no other. The barge has a 225 mercruiser inboard that gets 3 times the mileage of my Johnson. I am fishing tomorrow and Friday and will be staying close to the house!

Being that most of the lakes I fish are private and relatively small, I dont use the big motor much.  But I do have to tow the boat there....Both of my favorite lakes are about 2 hours away, and towing a 22 ft boat usually costs me a tank and a half of gas going both directions.

Sucks, now you really gotta pay to play.