Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Could have been bad...

Had a little medical procedure yesterday that required drugs.  Drugs that knocked me out.  Last thing I really remember yesterday is the nurse putting the needle in the IV.

Woke up this morning, I find a bag sitting next to the door.  Inside are a few cranks and buzzbaits.  Sitting on the table is a $100 iron.

Surely my wife didn't take me a tackle shop in a drugged condition.  :o

More on this later... ;D

Now was it a $100 golfing iron or a clothes iron?

Even drugged you should know better than to pay retail for lures now.

Had a little medical procedure yesterday that required drugs. Drugs that knocked me out. Last thing I really remember yesterday is the nurse putting the needle in the IV.

Woke up this morning, I find a bag sitting next to the door. Inside are a few cranks and buzzbaits. Sitting on the table is a $100 iron.

Surely my wife didn't take me a tackle shop in a drugged condition. :o

More on this later... ;D

Yeah talking about weird I too a few weeks ago had to visit the oral surgeon and had to be knocked out.  I was sitting in the chair and was about the change my mind and the nurse knew I was nervous and said I'm going to start a line and give you some valume<spellling.  Next the only thing I remember was her putting something on my nose and then I woke up at the house.  

My wife told me I talked the whole way home and was able to walk to the car and into the house.   I sure don't remember it.   In a incoherant state of mind I was by myself the rest of the day my wife had to work.  I had to take my medication. So make it to the kitchen to the medicine cabinet and took what I thought was the right amount of medicine.   After I stood there a little bit I got to looking more closely and I realized that I had taken two pain pills and was only supposed to take one at a time.   I have never had anything stronger than Advil in my whole life so that was an experiance I don't want to go through agin.   Them things put me out in a whole different world. I stopped taking them a day later I found it easier to deal with the pain rather being doped up half the time.

When I was on vicodens (the big ones) for my back, I had forgotten that I had just taken an ambien (spelling).  It took about 10 minutes to knock me out.  I was playing on the floor with the kids and passed out.  I didn't wake up til the next morning.  Thank god my wife was home.

Steam iron. Why would she buy golf clubs?

I was thinkin of your crazy personage, that would be something you would buy seein as how you were really into golfing a few years back and the way fishing has been going for ya lately well.

Can't say that I haven't been thinking about hitting the links rather than the lake lately.  :-/

When I was on vicodens (the big ones) for my back, I had forgotten that I had just taken an ambien (spelling). It took about 10 minutes to knock me out. I was playing on the floor with the kids and passed out. I didn't wake up til the next morning. Thank god my wife was home.

Same here. After my foot surgery, they gave me some hydrocodons for the pain.  I hated those things, but they sure did make the pain go away.

Sounds like the wife took advantage of your incoherent state and got a new iron out of it.  She throws a few baits your way, and all is good.   ;D

At least you didn't wake up with a pair of wet underwear in one hand and a hot dog weiner in the other.  

Last time I was given anesthesia I woke up with dirty britches because I ate the night before when the doctor told me not to  :'(

It was mexican too  :'(  :'(

At least you didn't wake up with a pair of wet underwear in one hand and a hot dog weiner in the other.

You ain't right

You ain't right

College memories are great!!  ;D

When I got my wisdom teeth out they knocked me out and when I woke up it felt like I was drunk.  I couldnt walk straight and I couldnt see straight and I wanted to drive home lol