Sign in to follow this  
fishbear

IDIOTS at large!!!!

The sad part is that they will probably sue the park and have enough money to retire in Tahiti.

The sad part is that they will probably sue the park and have enough money to retire in Tahiti.

You are probably right on the mark.

I'd hate to sound like a jerk, but how bout this kid that got killed at the six flags here in Georgia last week? He and a friend jumped over 2 fences and by one witnesses account, tried to grab the feet of one of the passengers. My heart goes out to the family, but in who's mind does that seem like a good idea?

Happens any time you combine city slickers with wildlife.

Once saw a car full of yankees jump a fence in Cades Cove and pose within 10' of a 12 point buck.  While the deer in CC are pretty tame, that thing didn't care for those people at all.

Also saw another car load of yankees try to get close to a decent sized bear in CC.  

At the resort marina last week, I was making small talk with the gal at the counter, she told me that she gets a constant stream of 'are there fish in the lake' questions from city slickers.   :-?

You are probably right on the mark.

x2, That's usually what ends up happening.

I'd hate to sound like a jerk, but how bout this kid that got killed at the six flags here in Georgia last week? He and a friend jumped over 2 fences and by one witnesses account, tried to grab the feet of one of the passengers. My heart goes out to the family, but in who's mind does that seem like a good idea?

To top it off they were part of a church group.  What I hate about that story was how the media out here reported it like the kid died on the ride.  Making 6 flags look bad.

Once saw a car full of yankees jump a fence in Cades Cove and pose within 10' of a 12 point buck. While the deer in CC are pretty tame, that thing didn't care for those people at all.

Also saw another car load of yankees try to get close to a decent sized bear in CC.

At the resort marina last week, I was making small talk with the gal at the counter, she told me that she gets a constant stream of 'are there fish in the lake' questions from city slickers. :-?

Are you talking about Cades Cove in Tennesee,   And if i was working at the marina my answer would be no they migrate to florida this time of year.

Once saw a car full of yankees jump a fence in Cades Cove and pose within 10' of a 12 point buck.  While the deer in CC are pretty tame, that thing didn't care for those people at all.

At the resort marina last week, I was making small talk with the gal at the counter, she told me that she gets a constant stream of 'are there fish in the lake' questions from city slickers.   :-?

Sorry Burley, but this incident has nothing to do with anyone being a yankee.  There is wildlife and plenty of rural land up north too!  I've lived all over the place, and been in the Army with people from every state and island you can think of and I know for a fact that there are idiots everywhere, they are not all born and bred up north!  People who are completely ignorant and clueless as to why these creatures are referred to as "WILDlife" should stay in the city, whether that city is Boston or Atlanta makes no difference.

haha, he had to have crossed over the river from covington ;-) This guy should have taken up fishing rather than sitting there bored staring at his picnic table thinking "I wonder if...."

haha, he had to have crossed over the river from covington ;-) This guy should have taken up fishing rather than sitting there bored staring at his picnic table thinking "I wonder if...."

Not hardly he's a native of Qauckville,  ;) We have a saying in Ky about buckeyes' well we won't go there ;)  I'm am kinda curious how he gets out the splinters

Sorry Burley, but this incident has nothing to do with anyone being a yankee.  There is wildlife and plenty of rural land up north too!  I've lived all over the place, and been in the Army with people from every state and island you can think of and I know for a fact that there are idiots everywhere, they are not all born and bred up north!  People who are completely ignorant and clueless as to why these creatures are referred to as "WILDlife" should stay in the city, whether that city is Boston or Atlanta makes no difference.

Where did I say the incident had anything to do with yankees?  There is a difference between yankees and city slickers.

I used the term yankee in the pejorative sense.