Sign in to follow this  
roadwarrior

The Shark Chokes Again

I didn't see any of the British Open, I guess I've lost interest in the game except when Tiger is making history! So, although I was aware of Greg Norman's lead going into Sunday's round, I didn't make an effort to watch.

Anyhow, twelve years ago when I cared more, I watched The Shark blow a six stroke lead at the Masters. Arguably, this was the "biggest choke" in the history of professional sports. Now twelve years later, with an opportunity to redeem his reputation, The Choke rears its ugly head, again!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/21/sgjohn121.xml

:D

I would agree with you about the '96 Masters, but I'm not sure about The Open Championship.  I think the 53 year old finally wore out with four intense days of competition and four days of less than perfect conditions.  I'm no Norman fan but I really wanted him to have one more good day.  

Saw that melt down at the Masters.

Greg had 87 wins on tour and 2 majors wins.     With that resume and the leads in the final rounds, they were melt downs.

Good to see him do well since Tiger was not there to steal the thunder and press.

I thought they had cancelled the tour until Tiger was able to play again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think he choked I think Padraig Harrington had a great back nine and nobody was gonna beat him with a -4 back nine with two birdies and an eagle in 30-45mph winds. He also did this with a  bad wrist.

I think Norman has had some momentous chokes but nothing compares to the Yankees blowing a 3 game lead in the ALCS only for the BOSOX to go on and sweep the world series.