Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Does anyone else "Google Earth?"

I love Google Earth.  I'm always finding cool stuff.  Here's a North Korean Air Force Base on the east coast.  I love the fact that the grass is burning.

I have used it to find fishing places, but I always forget how cool it is to see different sites around the world. You can spend hours on there just looking at Taipei, Shanghai, or Rio De Janeiro.

I used it to get a better topographical idea of what was going on in some of my SUPER SECRET spots in Louisiana.  It helped me find a few points and waterflows that have produced redfish in the marsh and bass in the swamps.  Those spots are where I'm going to put my kids on their first big gamefish, so they have to stay a secret until then.

I would like it much better if it was updated at least once a year.

Sure, to double check the bodies of water as they compare with the maps.

It is interesting to note the depth of the water at various locations that do not show on the maps.

i use it all the time to find fishing locations, definitely beats anything else out there  that i have found

I have Google Earth and love it.  Microsoft's Virtual Earth is also very good and has some neat features that Google Earth does not, such as high-res aerial photography and a Street View option that allow you to have a view of selected areas as if you were driving down the street.  Mind you, these views are restricted to the more populated areas.

On the other hand, if you have the Navionics Hot Maps software, you can view lake contour maps side-by-side with Google Earth images.

I looked at the kremlin the other day.

-searoach