Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Back to the minors!

Finally made it down to Sevierville a couple of weeks ago for a Tennessee Smokies game.  They're the Cubs AA affliate.  

Great place to watch a game.  If they had been with the Cubs when they built the stadium, I would swear the modeled it after Wrigley.

Speaking of Wrigley, God help my wallet if I ever make it there.  The Clubhouse Shop at the park had a ton of Cubs stuff.   :-[

The game was good, the Smokies won and beer was only $3.  We had first row seats at first base, so we had a great view.  All for only $9 a pop.

Well worth the drive, I hope to head down there at least one more time before the season ends.  This was my second time watching a Cubs affliate play.  I saw the Huntington Cubs (short-season rookie) play the Kingsport Mets back in 93.

d**n I love the Cubs...

smokies1.jpg

smokies2.jpg

smokies3.jpg

smokies4.jpg

smokies5.jpg

smokies6.jpg

smokies7.jpg

smokies8.jpg

smokies9.jpg

smokies10.jpg

Hey Burley: IYou guys know I am a diehard Mets fan,, the other 2 clubs in the NL I really love are the Cubs and St Louis.

I have been to Wrigley it is a wonderful ball park and it is filled with really loyal fans 8-)

Did anyone see the Cubs Class-A affiliate Peoria Chiefs and Dayton Dragons, the Class-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds game??

MWL suffers black eye with Chiefs-Dragons fight

Two days after the nasty bench-clearing brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills between the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks and the Detroit Shock, the Midwest League had a fight of its own in Dayton, Ohio, on Thursday that made what happened in Auburn Hills look mild in comparison.

Fifteen players and both managers from the Dayton Dragons, the Class-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, and the Peoria Chiefs, the Class-A affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, were ejected following a 10-minute melee.

Peoria pitcher Julio Castillo attempted to throw a ball into the Dayton dugout at the beginning of the fight, but missed it completely. The ball struck a male fan in stands, who had to be taken to the hospital.

Castillo, 20, was arrested and faced a felony assault charge Friday.

video

http://www.mlive.com/whitecaps/index.ssf/2008/07/mwl_suffers_black_eye_with_chi.html

cool they are playing West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. I can see there stadium when you pull out of my neighborhood. Its always fun going to minor league game because you never know who could be become the next MLB superstar

My local team is hooked to the red sox.

I have your tickets beat.

Rangers stadium- owners box

-searoach

-searoach

Wow that impressive...not. This thread is about the minor leagues, not some looser MLB club.

;D

-searoach

Wow that impressive...not. This thread is about the minor leagues, not some  looser MLB club.

;D

Yankees suck

-searoach

Hey Bug,Roach whatever your name is , as least we both agree on something I am a Mets fan, I hate the Yankees also

I also root for the Coney Island Cyclones. Mets Minor league team in Brooklyn.