Sign in to follow this  
Big Tom

WASP Injection Knife

Anyone heard of this thing?  

"This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at

sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface."

Here is a video of this thing in action:

http://www.waspknife.com/video_watermelon.php

Thoughts?

*edit: I saw that it was briefly mentioned in a previous thread so I apologize if its old news.

Nope....i doubt i'm gonna pay over $400 for a knife either.

Looks like you gotta buy a whole new handle attachment once you use it...

I guess you have to hope that the predator doesn't hurt you too bad before you can get that knife in them.  And God forbid there is more than one.  Hold on Mr. Hungry predator,  don't eat me while I change the cartridge in my ice knife.

I guess you have to hope that the predator doesn't hurt you too bad before you can get that knife in them.  And God forbid there is more than one.  Hold on Mr. Hungry predator,  don't eat me while I change the cartridge in my ice knife.

lol....yea...I can see this going bad for some people.

What does WASP stand for? Every time I see that knife I think White Anglo Saxon Protestant. I couldnt find on the site what their knife acronym stood for.

It looks like a cool idea, but the gas delivery system needs a little work I think. You have to depress the thumb button on the guard in order to relesae the gas. In a situation where you are stabbing a predator under the sea, or even a person attacking you, it would be hard to get the timing right in order to depress the button and release the gas. Most things move away REALLY fast after you poke it with something sharp. They dont stay still and let you press the button like a melon.

After watching the videos again, it took about 2 seconds between stab and gas release on the first melon.  A little longer on the second melon.  And these are people trained and know exactly how the knife works.

Vic

The only thing that thing would be good for is to chill a watermelon on a hot day to eat.  MMMMM... cold watermelon.

Seems like an interesting idea.

grimlin you don't have to buy a new handle each time you use it. It uses the 12gram CO2 cartridges like a bb or pellet gun. But, they do make a disposable handle too.

Got ya bassdocktor,the "disposable" threw me off a little. :-?