Sign in to follow this  
mike bat

brett to be active on packers roster

thats right guys ,,, bret will be active on the green bay packers roster as of noon tommrow ... i geuss that puts the packers on the clock ,,, what will they do ??? i cant wait to see

I thought brett hasn't been acvited yet. Last time I heard monday was going to be the day. Then the packers have 24 hours to do some thing. As a life long packer fan iam not lookin foward to this season. You and me both know every game away or home people will want to see him. I was ready to move on when e said he was done. But now with all this stuff going on I weill be watching college football more then the packers.

It seems clear the guy is a self centered ego maniac.  All this side show is doing is distract the fans and team from the real work ahead and the new season.

The guy just needs to ride off into the sunset.  Give it up Brett.  

Yeah, it's too bad.  We had another football legacy, and now what.  Had a career unlike any other could have and he flushed the dignity of it right down the pooper.  

I like Brett and want him to come back.  I think Green Bay forced him off the roster by announcing that he was retiring in a press conference without him present early this year.  Then a week later Brett goes before the camera, something smells fishy.  Every other pro athlete I have seen retire announces it together with the management from the team and even the owner some times.  It is never handled the way that Green Bay did this.  Why was it handled this way?  I think they decided they no longer wanted Brett.  I really hope he ends up on either the Vikings or Bears and he kicks Green Bays behind when they play.  

I thought the Packers offered him $20 Mil to go away and never come back to the NFL?  Since he won't, they signed him?

I agree withthe previous poster, a great legacy.  He retired on top.  Now he's marred it.  Sad.    

They asked him for a decision asap.  I'm not sure if that was unreasonable or not but Greenbay needed to get a handle on where they were going.  I don't think Favre was forced.  He my have felt pressured, but ultimately, they had to wait on him.  He's changed his mind, and were stuck.

That 20 mil wasn't a viable option and everyone new it.  He needs that like he needs another award.  I'm thinking Rodgers feels like the rugs been pulled from under him, and has lost a little confidence with himself.  That's great timing.  I realize that the NFL is business, but on a personnal level Brett has lost alot of respect that he's earned.

just watched the news ... brett flew to green bay tonight he was here at 5:30 pm ... he will be competing for the starting qb ... IMO brett has lost no respect ... in my mind he gained respect ,,, he didnt take the 20 mill  ... he will take the starting qb job tho ... the fact that green bay offered hin 20 mill is a sign of guilt IMO ... its a sign that they have lied and lied ,,, so now they want to pay him off ... im glad he didnt sell out .... IMO packers managment lost respect ,,, and is crapping all over the great packer history and tradition .... i wish they would give ted T the boot ,,, hes a snake did ya ever see his beedy eyes ....  ;D

I dont think the 20 mil was a guilt trip.  They were hoping he would take it, but only to put an end to the standoff.  He had no ultimatums last spring, they just asked for his decision as early as possible.  Retiring was not his only recourse, he could have sat on it awhile.  That was his choice.  Not theres.

He didn't take the money and that left them with only two more choices, one of which they didn't want as an option.  So here he is.  Don't get me wrong, as a starter, I am not hoping he tanks.  I just think the whole scenario is bull and I think he dumped on Rodgers.

I'm not going to jump on the nay-saying bandwagon until the seasons over.

Montana came over to kansas city when a lot of people said he should hang it up. A lot was said about tarnishing his legacy also.

He went on to the playoffs in two come-from-behind seasons, and the AFC championship. He also was elected to the pro bowl that year.

I realize most everthing about this situation could be resolved if hindsight were a part of the equasion.  But it's not.  No matter what Brett or the Packers have done, I hope that it can be worked out amicably

I think both sides looks stupid and nobody but the cheese heads really gives a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well tonight the coach will adrees the qb issue at 8:15 pm .... i will be watching .... i hope they offer brett the chance to compete for the qb job ... it was reported on the news yesterday that he would be competeing for the starter ....but thats here nor there ... i would like to mention last night was packers familiy night rodgers was booed when he stepped on the field ... he was also booed when they went to auction off his jersey ... there was a crowd of packer fathful awaiting bretts arrival at the airport in a thunder storm ... brett was welcomed home by a crowed ... he didnt adrees the crowd but he did wave and smile ....  well see what happens ...

I think both sides looks stupid and nobody but the cheese heads really gives a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont give a crap ,, then why even read this ...  ::)