Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Say what you want about China, that was some Olympics

They did a helluva job.  The opening and closing (still watching) ceremonies were amazing.    And I'm glad the protests (smog, Tibet, Dafur, human rights) had a minimal impact.  There's a place for those, and it ain't the Olympics.  Hat's off to China.  It was all very grand.

London is going to have some work to do to even match them in 2012.  

And I'm glad the protests (smog, Tibet, Dafur, human rights) had a minimal impact.    

It probably took a great many rounds of 7.62x39 to keep that protest quiet.

It probably took a great many rounds of 7.62x39 to keep that protest quiet.

with silencer of course.

Considering the size of the nation and an international impact China's been seeking, what was done was in fact not that much exceeding anyone's expectation. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if London is not successful trying to do better. That surely was something significant.

Go Phelps  ;D ;D ;D ;D

London isn't going to be able to come close to matching those opening ceremonies. Its too bad that news articles like these don't quite make the headlines more often:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/track_field/news?slug=cr-somalirunners082408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

London isn't going to be able to come close to matching those opening ceremonies. Its too bad that news articles like these don't quite make the headlines more often:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/track_field/news?slug=cr-somalirunners082408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Great story.  I had goosebumps the whole last half

\

Thanks Sigma,  That is truly inspiring and also makes me count my blessings.  We are so fortunate to live in the USA.

WOW! Swimming suit contreoversy for the sycronized swimming/ I just don't get the summer olympics, but then again I am not a fan of swimming or track and field