Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Switzerland bans C&R

Animal Rights Law Passed in Switzerland

Catch and Release Fishing Banned

6/9/08

Switzerland has recently passed a law with the intention of clarifying acceptable treatment of social animals.

The law that goes into effect September first establishes desirable treatment of animals such as dogs, fish, horses, and even rhinoceroses. An array of animals has been included under the bracket of social animals and a part of this new law states that any of these animals will be considered abused if they are not able to cohabit with another of their species.

Under the law dog owners must take a two part course on recognizing the needs of the dog, and properly walking a dog. Swiss fisherman will now be required to participate in a course that teaches them how to catch fish humanely. Catch and Release fishing has been banned; instead fishers must now kill the fish immediately after being caught with a sharp blow to the head with a blunt instrument.

This law affects farmers as well, who are barred from restraining horses, sheep, and goats. Pigs and cows must not be forced to reside in areas with hard flooring.

Although animal rights groups are jumping for joy over this new law, many Swiss farmers are complaining of the numerous extra costs it will require them to run their farms.

http://www.ussportsmen.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=929&srcid=240

Catch and Release fishing has been banned; instead fishers must now kill the fish immediately after being caught with a sharp blow to the head with a blunt instrument.

That really doesn't make sense.

Let me guess next you must tell a deer that you have every intent to kill him, makes sure he understands give him a 10 minute lead and you have to shoot blindfolded. That makes just about as much sense as the catch and kill rule. I am going to laugh when the fish populations make a drastic

fall.

-tumnus

T-rig mentioned this in thread back in fishing trips. He also mentioned, I believe, that is was gonna be illegal to take pics. Was gonna ask him about all that, but i figured that was the wrong forum to ask.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1219001169/20

Something tells me Daniel will "accidentally" let the fish slip through his hands and back into the water. ::)

Sounds like an April Fools joke to me.

A sharp blow to the head is more humane than taking the hook out of their lip and letting them swim away?????

Falcon

Those are some of the most Ignorant laws I have ever heard of!  :-?

Something tells me Daniel will "accidentally" let the fish slip through his hands and back into the water. ::)

He said that was a possibility in the other thread.

Just one day.  Let Larry the Cable guy go over there for only one day.

Just one day. Let Larry the Cable guy go over there for only one day.

Now there's an idea. That just might do it.

I thought only in the US of A could something this dumb happen. What a waist of brainpower to come up with this.

Swiss fisherman will now be required to participate in a course that teaches them how to catch fish humanely. Catch and Release fishing has been banned; instead fishers must now kill the fish immediately after being caught with a sharp blow to the head with a blunt instrument.

I'm sensing that the Swiss are not masters of irony.

"fishers must now kill the fish immediately after being caught with a sharp blow to the head with a blunt instrument. "

Whoever made that rule has never tried to kill a fish

Yeah no kidding. I have never seen anyone kill a fish with a single blow to the head.

That is just crazy, it does not make sense.

some things are kinda sorta stupid

other things are really really stupid

then there are the things like this.

Totally dummy stupid.

I mean, who plays a musical instrument on a fishing boat?

shheeeesh.

Totally dummy stupid.

shheeeesh.

I get it! ;D ;D

Seriously, there are certain people out there who absolutely live to pass laws like this. If it is true it is very misguided. And DON'T think it can't happen here.

Totally dummy stupid.

shheeeesh.

I get it! ;D ;D

Seriously, there are certain people out there who absolutely live to pass laws like this. If it is true it is very misguided. And DON'T think it can't happen here.

Would a tuba qualify as a blunt instrument?