Sign in to follow this  
.dsaavedra.

New Metallica Single

I've been hearing good things about this album for two years now.  Singles sound OK, will have to give the album a few good solid listens to make an opinion but this confirms they're going back to the sound of their early albums.

here is another single from their new album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DOMmhvxZU&watch_response

just like their old stuff

this new album is gonna be great :)

sounds like slayer

This song sucks. I loved metallica before the black album. Master of Puppets might be my favorite album ever. They got soft after that.

;D \m/ listen to LAMB OF GOD \m/  ;D

this link has previews of all the songs on the new album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAX4tpo9Bqk

ITS GONNA BE SOOOOO AWESOME! :D

Dave,are you gonna camp out on the sidewalk so you can be the first in line to buy it??

CNN had a discussion on the album this morning and said that the guys were lip sinking the songs and actually the singers are 12 year Chinese kids with buck teeth.

It is the buck teeth that gives the special flavor to the music.

The kids are also naked when they make the recordings which gives a lot of extra feelings to the music.

Check out the CNN web site for more info and details.  :)

I'm having a hard time understanding the Slayer comparisons. I guess since I was "there" back in the day......

I listened to the clips of the songs.  Sounds like metallica-lite is giving us another Load.  Pun intended.

I'm having a hard time understanding the Slayer comparisons. I guess since I was "there" back in the day......

james singing style along with the Dbl bass drums to me gives the song a slayer type feel. add the fact the song starts out with a heavy walking riff to me its slayerish from 1992-1995.

also the song around the :25 mark has a little bit of Harvester of Sorrow sound to it.

Meh, they will NEVER be the same. Stopped listening to their new stuff since St.Anger came out.

;D \m/ listen to LAMB OF GOD \m/ ;D

Lamb of God=

I hate to say it, but if the rest of the album is anything like that song, it would'nt be that bad sounding. Just the mixing/recording just plain sucked. Too much drums, not enough guitar/bass.

Needs more cowbell too.

-tumnus

I hate to say it, but if the rest of the album is anything like that song, it would'nt be that bad sounding. Just the mixing/recording just plain sucked. Too much drums, not enough guitar/bass.

Needs more cowbell too.

-tumnus

I actually thought the cowbell was a bit strong.  Oh well, different tastes I guess...

Needs more cowbell too.

-tumnus

I actually thought the cowbell was a bit strong. Oh well, different tastes I guess...

why would you hate for the album to sound "not that bad"  :)

here is another single from their new album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DOMmhvxZU&watch_response

just like their old stuff

this new album is gonna be great :)

sounds like slayer

agreed, i spent the first minute of the song trying to figure out if it was metallica or slayer lol, has a very thrashy sound to it

with thats said i would rather listen to so many other bands right now than metallica, they are good but it seems like they are startign to try to hard