Sign in to follow this  
senile1

Last of "The Experience"

Mitch Mitchell, the drummer for Jimi Hendrix and The Experience, died on Wednesday at the young age of 61. Noel Redding, the bass player, died a few years back. They're all gone now and they all died fairly young.

Muddy, I figured you saw this??

NO I have been busy and have not checked the trades recenty . Thanks, he was a huge inspiration to me.We used to do THIRD STONE FROM THE SUN, in this one band I was and and we always dedicated it to him.

There is actually one surviving member.Billy Cox, was in the army with Jimi, replaced Redding on bass, also was in the Electric Lady Land and Band of Gypsies line up Noel was actually a guitarist before joining up with Jimi. My favorite Line up was Jimi,Biili and Mitch

Thanks for the heads up, I was never disapointed going to see Mitch. 8-)

For you yonger guys; You wanna hear Genius at work;Listen to Mitch On : MANIC DEPRESSION;PURPLE HAZE;THIRD STONE FORM THE SUN

and he is all over ELECTRIC LADY LAND,

Then listen to his mentor ELVIN JONES

Considering that I practically worshipped Jimi Hendrix during my days in bands, I know their history and own any Hendrix music that happened to be produced, including some crappy bootlegs.  I was speaking of the original Experience.  I was not that enthralled with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles.  Billy's bass lines were usually very basic and he played the bass note of the chord quite often with no real attempt to play a line.  Due to Noel's guitar past, I thought his bass lines were more interesting.  I also thought that Mitch Mitchell was a more interesting drummer than Buddy Miles as well.  It's a shame they died so young.  

Billy was basic, the way I like a bass to be, he also played in Ike and Tina Turners band. While I have an appreciation for the Joco's of the world it is more the Ducky Dunns I love to play with. The history was put up for our younger readers. Mitch Mitchell blew Buddy (ONEHIT) Miles away

Hey Ed, have you every been over to Electric Lady Land, don't know if it is still open, if it is you will be overwhelmed

That's funny, Muddy.  Did you quote the song on purpose?  "Have you ever been . . . to Electric Ladyland?"  

I know the Electric Ladyland Studio was way ahead of its time, but I've never been there.  Every time I listen to "1983 - A Merman I Should Turn to be," I am blown away by what they did with that music.  I think Jimi's work with the Echoplex was unparalleled at that time.

Yes I did sir, knew you would pick up on it. Now that I know you are a fan, next time I am in the City I will see if it's still open and grab ya a tee shirt or sumptin! 8-)

I used to hang out and play in the village a lot when i was younger, everytime we past it I put my hand on the building to feel the vibe, or it just coulda been my non prescription Meds at the time