Sign in to follow this  
5bass

PC help needed

In the past week or so I've noticed that when I am on a website like a boat dealership, I can get on their home page but when I click any links on their home page (like to browse their boats) my computer will not take me to the links, as if the links I click are not working. I know that it's my computer though because it has done it on several different sites.

I sure am not the one to give advice on a pc but I think you need to check you settings on your pop up blocker. I think it has a setting of low, medium and high and I had a problem like that one time and I set mine back to medium. Just a guess. Your welcome.

Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any high priority updates.  Reboot.  If it still happens, clear your cache, cookies, and history, then reboot.  

If it still happens, download Firefox and see if it happens in Firefox.  If it does, then it's a setting in your antivirus or firewall program.  If it doesn't happen, then it's a security setting in IE.

download malewarebytes and perform a quick scan. Also download sypbot install all updates and check for problems. Fix all problems. My mom had this problem with this problem and she had some spyware/adware, a scan with both of these programs fixed her problem.