Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

One of my favorite performances. *No headbangers allowed*

This is one of my favorite performances by Clapton.  He took a great song and made it unbelievable. He redefines the word "shred".

He is a great player , but for my money the man has no soul to his feeling. I never got into him for that reason, I just can't feel him. Great player, but I find him unmoving

Very cool.  Yes, Clapton is one of the greats.  Thanks for sharing.

He is a great player , but for my money the man has no soul to his feeling. I never got into him for that reason, I just can't feel him. Great player, but I find him unmoving

Moving enough for you?

Dear Hookem,

The only taste you have is in your mouth.

Your friend,

Mike

Dear Michael,

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Your friend,

Logan

I get more out of a 5minute Buddy Guy or BB King record than Clapton's whole catalog. He is more than proficient but he is too English to get the Blues right ;D

Perfect analogy.  Blue riffs yes,  blues soul,  I can't hear it.  I agree with the whole englishman thing.  They are great players and LOVE American blues.  They just don't quite get the feel down.  When I listen to the old blues guys,  it's just different.  Having said that,  SRV is in a class all by himself.  Technically great and soul / feeling coming out of every pore.

Perfect analogy.  Blue riffs yes,  blues soul,  I can't hear it.  I agree with the whole englishman thing.  They are great players and LOVE American blues.  They just don't quite get the feel down.  When I listen to the old blues guys,  it's just different.  Having said that,  SRV is in a class all by himself.  Technically great and soul / feeling coming out of every pore.

Please stay for he entire perfomance.