Sign in to follow this  
hotwheels

No more Strike King Rattling Pro Model Jigs???

Hi,

I am wondering if these are still being made.  I was about to place an order from BPS, and the site says the item is no longer available.  I am referring to the original jigs with the double barrel rattle and no eyes.  Does anyone no where else I could purchase these, they are one of my confidence baits.

Thanks

This is the first time I have heard that.  I got on Strike Kings website and couldn't find anything about it.  If this turns out to be true, me and and the baitmonkey have a little shopping trip on our hands.

i think the eyes are dumb on jigs, i love takeign them off and why use those when you could  buy the stone jig from mans there the only jig i know of that you can skip 50 ft across the water under docks with a baitcaster.

Not to mention they just have a better fill to them then the strike kings i fish strike king pro models also but i think they would have been alot better wiht a pointy jig head, and if they put smaller metal bearings in the rattles that makes a higher pitch and can be heard alot better to me then the low pitch clicks from the original rattles. you can always bust open some glass ratles and put them inside the jigs!

hotwheels, I to am a big fan of those pro model jigs.Try your local WalMarts. Some of them still carry the ones you want. If you find them, stock up!

I am not 100% positive(maybe 93.7%  ;)), but I think I saw these jigs at Dick's today. They came in a black skirt and brown skirt.

If they are stopping production of these jigs they won't be at my area Dick's for long.......

......Baitmonkey put those car keys down!!!

:)BR

Lightning-

I've looked at those jigs a few times, and have considered them but..

1. I can't find them anywhere to actually look at one up close.

2. It seems to me that it would be hard to tie the line on those in such a limited space, and my fingers don't always work the best.

3. $4 per jig is fairly pricey.

I will defer to your expertice that they are probably worth it, but I have not yet convinced myself.  Maybe I'm just afraid I would like them to much, and at $4 each I would make the bait monkey to happy.

On 11/1/2006 at 10:44 AM, hotwheels said:

Hi,

I am wondering if these are still being made.  I was about to place an order from BPS, and the site says the item is no longer available.  I am referring to the original jigs with the double barrel rattle and no eyes.  Does anyone no where else I could purchase these, they are one of my confidence baits.

Thanks

I see them all the time at Walmart, bought me 2 of them 1 in black and blue and i believe the other in green pumpkin.