Sign in to follow this  
pipho

T-Rig

I will fish a T rig almost anyplace, except in real thick grass, then i go to either a weightless rig(senko type) or a C rig..

Fishing a t-riged lizard or worm on a Carolina rig over weeds. Also try a t-riged trick worm and use it as a floting worm. I like to use that were the timber or weeds are just below the surface. I can't think of any more but iam sure some one will.

You can fish a t-rig almost anywhere you want, it's really the conditions that determine whether I will throw one or not. If there's hurricane force winds or if the water is liquid mud then I won't fish a t-rig. But other than that I find it to be most productive around matted grass and wood cover.

I will even fish it in open water when i cant get bites with other lures.

Any where it's wet, I throw one 80% of the time winter, spring, summer, or fall   8-)

I'm with catt on this. Any time and any place. I fish t rigged palstics more than all other baits combined, year round.

Guest the_muddy_man

My absolute favorite place to fish a trig  IN THE WATER

I catch most of my fish this way and I throw it everywhere  ;)

You can fish a T-rig practically anywhere, except perhaps in very thick grass or very windy conditions, as long as you believe that there are bass where you throw it. It is just a matter that a lot of people (myself included) would rather throw a faster, or rather more "active", presentation if bass are willing to hit it (spinnerbait, topwater, crankbait, swimbait, jerkbait). But a T-rig will often catch you a bass or two when everything else fails. Plus, it will catch you some nice fish when all techniques work! I do know of some people who practically throw only a t-rig with a 4-6 inch worm, and they are quite succesful...

But as I said, given that other more active techniques work, I would give an emphasis on them.