Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Video: Luca di Montezemolo drives the New Stratos

I saw that car on a racing forum a few months back. It looks like the first car from the 70s. From what I understand they are only going to make like 200 of them. I have heard a few prices all of them well into six figures. So you going to buy one red line?

To me it seems a little weird hearing a Ferrari engine coming from a car that don't look like one. Yea I know Lancia is owned by Fiat and Fiat owns Ferrari. From what I under stand they took a Ferrari f430 and put a Stratos Body on it.

Tipptruck, I have to say I am impressed with your exotic car acumen.  :)

No plans to buy this car.  Never really been a Ferrari fan.  I am however very interested to see what the new Lamborghini 'LP700' flagship will look like.  I've been out of the exotic car world for a couple years.  May be time to get back in it.

At the moment nothing really impresses me. Nothing that I'd want to buy atleast.

Well I will admit I am not book smart. I am more a street smart guy. There is nothing I love more then cars. So I course I will love Euro cars. American cars cant hold a candle to whats over the pond. The engineering that gos in them cars just makes me say wow. They some how get 500 hp out of a small 4 litter v-8 engine is amazing. The new corvette is over 6 litters and they can only get like 500 hp. For crying out loud the Porsche gt3 rs makes almost 500 hp and that's a 3.6 litter flat six.

I love how them cars all sound over there. Any time I hear a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche drive by on video It gives me chills and other things. Same with a good sounding American car. I could be with the hottest girl in the world, and I will still look away when a nice sounding v8 drives by.

I guess I say I have a love for exotic cars. I keep telling my buddy's one day I will own my Porsche or Ferrari There like yea right. So I respond like yea when I get it I will make sure to pull in your drive way at the crack of dawn on a Saturday. After we go out drinking, and rev it up and peel out on you drive way.

I have never been a fan of Lambo's to munch. I really don't like how they look. There have been a few models that I have liked but I cant remember what they were called. Speaking of Lambo's I might have found the one your looking for. The best part is at 1:18 to about 1:25.

As for the guys that don't know munch about racing out side of the states. This is the first Strato's was known for. Yes I know I wasn't born when the car was racing. But it had some amazing stats for the short time it raced.