Sign in to follow this  
done

You know what is really frustrating...

So I am finally giving my Tracker its first oil change. Get the plug out, drain the oil go to get the oil filter, my oil filter wrench is too big for the one in the Mercury motor, and my channel locks have gotten legs and wandered away.

I HATE not having the tools to do that job. guess I will be buying a new oil filter wrench and 2 pairs of channel locks.

Thank God, I have some good friends who, for the price of a good ribbing, can back me up to get the job done.

The thing that gets me is lending tools to peeps and a month later I have to go get it back only to hear "oh, I didn't think you needed it so soon".

lol. True that. I loathe borrowing tools cause I hate it when I don't get them back. Luckily my buds are extremely good about giving them back on the rare occasion they borrow. It seems that family is more likely to disappear with the tool than friends are for me.

shouldent be on that tight u cant get it by hand at least coming from every car,truck, small engine iv ever worked on but im not gonna say it doesnt happen but i usualy do the screwdriver trick if all else fails

The "screwdriver trick" is a freaking mess.  Avoid it all costs, LOL.

yeah its def a last resort cuz u get the oil running down your arm and all over the floor

i would never ever ever recommend the "screwdriver trick" to anyone, nor would i do it myself. everytime ive seen someone do that they end up destroying the oil filter and end up worse off than before, making it harder to remove the filter, its not even about getting oil all down your arm or making a mess...

shouldent be on that tight u cant get it by hand at least coming from every car,truck, small engine iv ever worked on but im not gonna say it doesnt happen but i usualy do the screwdriver trick if all else fails

99% of the time that is true, this one was one darned stubborn filter though. One of my bids even tried it to show me up and he could not budge it either. Got the channel lock on there and once I got it started, i was good to go. Just a little tighter than normal.