Sign in to follow this  
zara spook

Opening Day...in the rest of PA

Just curious how anyone did on the opening day of PA's trout season?  I know with the weather things may have been tough.  I hope to get out next week.

we went to deer creek in allegheny couny. i had my limit by 9am. my dad and his friend also caught their limit, it was my dads friends first time trout fishing too! he missed about 20 fish, most of them lost on the bank. we hooked over 50 fish combined and lost a load. wax worms and yum troutkrilla did the trick, my dad missed 13 fish on a rebel hellgrammite crankbait! this is one amazing bait, they just kept hitting it.

We had another great opening weekend, again. This will have been our 6th year of trout camp. Friends from NY and Ohio all meet in Centre County for the weekend. Fished three days and caught tons of fish. 50+ to be exact. I'm glad we were in a cabin again this year. We used to sleep in tents.  Can you say BRRRRRR ;D

Where is your camp in centre county Jake?  I used to hit Pine creek on opening day with my grandpa around Woodward...but it's been years since I fished those waters.

Thats too weird :o The camp we stayed at is in Woodward. We fish Penns and Poe creek.

Purdy slow on the creek I fished. I haven't fished for stockies for 5 years, decided to go this year and take a work partner out who wanted to go and is very novice. We went with 8 guys total, only caught 10 fish. The stream we fished was stocked in the first week of March, there has been flooding conditions since then, plus the water was very cold, all of which IMHO made for tough conditions.

Had alot of fun anyway, comraderie is king for me when it comes to stockies anymore.