Sign in to follow this  
Bass Dude

FLW on Versus

It's confirmed that as of April FLW is going to be on the Versus channel.  This should give everyone a better opportunity to see the FLW side and how good their anglers are.  

The FLW guys always seem to get a bad rap and I think it's undeserved.

I was wondering what happened as I have not found the show on MSG for a while now.  As far as the bad rap?  I think both BASS and FLW have their merits.  BASS had a strangle hold on the better tournament fishermen for years, now there is a reasonable option for those who want a different venue.

I just hope they up their production value...  The current show looks like it is filmed on a home camcorder, and the announcers don't say anything but, "he's hooked up here", "he's got a fish", "he's reeling him in", "want to take your time here...", etc.

I hear it is going to be filmed in HD.  That would be an upgrade.  

Now, let's just get the announcers to actually give some insight to what the angler is doing and why...

-oh, and I don't want to see Grandpa Joe netting the pro's fish either. Land your own fish!

Do these things, and I will tune in regularly.  :D :D

Cool, I fished the FLW and I like the way they ran things! ;)

Great, an entire show of nothing but commercials.

Is that any different than any other show.  Shaw Grigsby does Triton and Quantum commercials during his show.  And as we all know Charlie Ingram totes his Diamond crotch jeans during his show!  Then there's Roland Martin....Bill Dance...the list goes on.  Even my beloved Linder's show seems to be one big Rapala commercial now.  

They have to make money somehow most of the shows are on to sell a product not to help you like you might think!   :-/  Cant wait to watch it though.

They have to make money somehow most of the shows are on to sell a product not to help you like you might think! :-/ Cant wait to watch it though.

The Bassmaster coverage helps me tremendously.  Though a great goofball, Zona expands my fishing knowledge and techniques by his play by play analysis...

I can't say the same for the past FLW tv events I have watched...

I can't make it through an episode of FLW Outdoors under the current format. It is awful. I am not a producer so I can't explain why--but they continually miss the mark on their TV footage. There is no reason why their TV Show should not be able to match the quality of the Bassmaster Elite series coverage. I used to think it was the announcers, but they have tried several and it is bad with all of them. They are missing something fundamental although I can't put my finger on what....

Have you ever noticed that they don't show a guy making several cast in a row? It is like they cram too much in a show. Bassmasters on the other hand will show a pro commenting on how slow the fishing is as he makes several cast. And then when he gets a fish it is exciting. FLW over analyzes every hookset and it gets old quickly...

The FLW could learn something from the way The Elite Series does their show. The announcers for the Elite Series have chemistry and make me wanna watch the show with the sound on. Zona actually makes me laugh and informs at the same time. It doesn't hurt that alot of the Elite series guys actually have a personality ,annoying or not. You remember who they are from  one week to the next. I'm sure as fisherman,the FLW guys are  just as good but as a marketable commodity there is some work to do. Some people  are gonna say what does that have to do with fishing, not much. For a fishing show it means alot. If your product doesn't engage the viewer then it has failed. So let's hope it's better than last year.

For me it is their irritating announcers. Bore me to death with all the nonsense and product pushing.

A new set would really help.

Not sure why I am even commenting as I am usually on the lake and seldom get to watch anyway. I'll shut my mouth.