Sign in to follow this  
acesarcher

fishing stren series northern this year as a co angler

hey guys,

this will be my first year fishing tourneys again since 1993!  Allot has past me by in that time but am going to try to learn as much as possible before the first tourney on the patomic. Any of you guys on here fishing as a boater and need a partner?

If i dont find a boater will I still be guarenteed to fish the tourney?  Sorry for being so green im just trying to get a feel for how the flw tourneys work.  You will see lots of posts from me in the upcoming monthes.

Briads or mono?  swim baits or spinner baits?  I feel like I have been out of the sport forever!

Without being linked to a boater you won't be guaranteed entry.  Most likely you will still get in because there is usually more boaters than co-anglers, but it isn't guaranteed.

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a partner on here.  Good luck and have fun!!!  Most likely at the Potomic, you'll need some heavy rods, heavy braid and big hooks.  You'll probably be doing a lot of flipping.  Oh yeah, bring some Bronzeye Frogs with you too.

you can probably contact them to see if theres a boater that is looking for a nonboater

use your instincts and intuition while fishing.  Don't feel like you have to fish like others with their braid and swimbaits.  you can just texas rig dropshot or crank all day if thats what you like to do.

Don't get caught up in complicated bass fishing.  the bass haven't changed in the last 100 years

good luck