Sign in to follow this  
bassdude71

Problems at big tournaments

THIEFT.. I was at a tournament on Sam Rayburn last week and we had Six boats broke into and all there rods were stolen...Bad thing was the theives had keys to the rod boxes for some of the boats..All they did was cut the boat covers and unlocked the boxes..They ended up with about 45 rods..Then locked the rod boxes back up...

A lot of those rod locker locks are a little cheap....That kind of thing shouldn't happen...you should check with the lake and see if they have cameras in the parking lots...or even the tournament association, they should have some kind of insurance.

Sadly this has become a bigger and bigger problem in Texas.  I remember being embarassed to have to warn everybody that was coming to Roadtrip 2 at Fork to take EVERYTHING out of their boats.  It's not just a random crackhead grabbing some rods for a quick fix.  This is an organized effort and moves from lake to lake.  The local authorities don't have any interest in catching the bad guys either.  Ebay, Craigslist, and flee markets is where our hard earned tackle end up.  If your buying used tackle from these places you may be supporting the thieves.

This is why I'm installing a Loc-R-Bar in my boat.  I'm still going to take stuff out of my boat, but atleast if they try and do sucecced in breaking into my boat compartments ( Not likely with a Loc-R-Bar installed) all there efforts will be for nothing.

I hate thieves! Last year my boat was stolen from my dock and sunk! They stole all of my rods and tackle. Probably $5k worth of stuff! Not including my boat.

all of the Bass Cat boats except the Bay Cat, have or have the option of a security system installed.  Good thing to know if your thinking about getting a Bass Cat.   I think it is a good idea, but i don't know how it works, not many bass cat owners where I live.  Maybe there is a security system you can pick up and install in the boat.

This is why I'm installing a Loc-R-Bar in my boat. I'm still going to take stuff out of my boat, but atleast if they try and do sucecced in breaking into my boat compartments ( Not likely with a Loc-R-Bar installed) all there efforts will be for nothing.

A good thing about the Loc-R-Bar----in a lot full of boats, they will skip yours because of the bar.

It is sad but nothing will stop them if they want in bad enough. I bet you a lot of the times it is people you fish with on a regular basis. If you can, don't keep a lot of stuff in your boat. Lock down everything. Locking cover and the whole nine yards. You could just sleep in your boat...nothing would happen then.  ;D

This is why I'm installing a Loc-R-Bar in my boat. I'm still going to take stuff out of my boat, but atleast if they try and do sucecced in breaking into my boat compartments ( Not likely with a Loc-R-Bar installed) all there efforts will be for nothing.

I would think twice about the lockr bar. The thieves at Rayburn and other lakes around here are famous for cutting your Fiberglas on one end and lifting it out. Does a tremendous amount of damage to your boat. I just mentioned it because it is happening around the area a lot. Just take the time to take your tackle out and leave the lids unlocked. They just go on buy the rig then.

A good thing about the Loc-R-Bar----in a lot full of boats, they will skip yours because of the bar.

Not down here. Those are the ones they seem to target. Cut the glass on one end and they are in. Major damage to the boat  and they get the tackle anyway. Hacksaws are murder on glass boats. Quite too.

Question? Why lock up an empty boat. Just asking for major boat damage to prove a point. Makes no sense to me.