Sign in to follow this  
southernyankee

What do you think about the elite series "postseason"?

I agree, I thing they took a page out of the NASCAR how to screw up a championship handbook.

I was thinking the exact thing. It has got to be a money thing.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

the stats definitely get squewered, nascar has 10 races in the chase,,,,still have to be consistent to win,,,,bass has only two tourneys,,no room for error...on the fan side,,,my guy could be consistent and have a chance to win the aoy without a win in season,,,it comes down to a SHOOTOUT,,, now nascar is considering tinkering with it some more,,,driver with two wins, in the chase,,,we'll see if bass does similar,,

At least BASS is trying to move in a direction that they haven't tried.      Any post season or tournaments for those who qualify are better than none at all.

KVD said this one means as much as the other 4 did, plus this one earned more money for the anglers, its win win on this one, no entry fee.

i realize there were no entry fees, but i haven't heard whether they still had expenses? lodging, boat gas, etc,,,i wonder if compensation ratio is more or less than last year?  or, really, potential compensation, last year they had 3 more "wins" available,

How many spots does the FLW pay AOY? 1 and how much? so small, I don't want to embarass the FLW fans, so I'll leave it alone.

How many spots did BASS pay out to AOY in the past years? 1

This year, they all get paid, so its win win!

3 less tournaments and 3 less post season tournaments, the Majors.

So, BASS is trying to make up for the other Majors that disappeared in this poor economy.

for me personally, it doesn't matter if they have the post season format or not,,the right people were going to win it (kvd, skeet) but it would be interesting to see what happens if 12th place wins it,,,swindle got in on the last tourny,,,my bet is, there would be a lot more grumbling had he won it,,uh,,not from him of course,,,lol

Although the new format was INTERESTING (and a bit confusing)....this Title of AOY, in a sense, doesnt have the same meaning. In the past, the AOY went to the angler that was most consistent through out the entire YEAR....not just 2 mini-tournaments.

That said, I'm glad KVD won it. If he (or Skeet) had not won it, I think it could've been a messy situation.

Hopefully it will be messy enough that the four letter sports company will either change it or do away with it for next year.

I am all for change if it is for the better, but the four letter company just throws stuff(Was that a nice enough word?)up against the wall way to many times to see if it will get ratings. It's not just fishing either. The famous four letter company just ruins it for me.

I have not watched their sports show in over four years and see no reason to start watching it again. The crew that runs the show is only about furthering themselves and grandstanding the sports news.

The ONLY time I can bring myself to tune in is when they have a college football game I am interested in watching.

I'm done now.

Lets clear it up alittle.  

Winner walks with 200,000, loser of AOY in 12th takes 14,000 home.   As of years past, AOY paid 1 place.     Not counting the money up for grabs at the 2 post season tournament as well.  

Over one mil up for grabs, no entry fee.    

Skeet ended the season up with 2043 points,

KVD had 2033 points in second place

Swindle was 12th and had 1740 pts.

All totals was divided by 10 and rounded off.  

Skeet had 204.3

KVD had 203.3

Swindle had 174

Next, for the season, any tournament wins got 2 point added to total.

Thus final adjustments would show KVD as the actual leader coming into the post season based on the one win.

KVD 205.

Skeet 204.

and Swindle still at 174 with no wins for the year.

Next, a points format was set up for 1st threw 12th.

50 for first and 10 points for 12th

I liked it.  

If you didn't notice, there was about 5 guys tied for 5th when they were rewarded their 2pts for winning a tournament with 180 points.

When it was said and done, was there any doubts who was on top of their game, even spotting the field a bad day, he smoked them by a good margin.  

Good format, too short a post season.

^ you see i didnt even understand how they did it. Thanks for that.

I liked the format but even after watching the three hours i had no idea how they tallied the points.

They didnt clarify any of that.