Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy D.

Anyone fish the bass opens.

Co-angler side?.....how hard is it to get in do I have to sign up for all three or does it not fill up that quick where I could wait and till the last registration day and sign up for just one maybe two?

my understanding as some one who wants to sign up is it fills up quick and if you want to fish the 1st one it is hard to sign up just for it and it gets easier as you go down the list.

I was just discussing this today with my dad..I am Really interested in competing as a co-angler in the BASS southern open stop one down on Okeechobee. The Bassmaster website probably has some good info on it if I just dig a bit into it...

It is easy up here. But I would really start in the BFL or Weekend Series, then maybe the Strens. The Bassmaster Opens are no joke, these guys are really good.

The bass-masters open start here for November 10th sign up for the life members .Tournament in Okeechobee starts January.I wish I could tell you more.300 hundred for Co-Angler.See ya there.

Registration for one or two tournaments opened Dec 1. Call 1-877-USABASS.  must be BASS member.  No online reg. this year.  $100 deposit, $200 later. I fished my first open at Champlain last year.  I signed up late and still got in.  Day 2 (my 50th bday) got to fish w/ Charlie Hartley.  Boat was broke, we could only idle, but I still had a Blast!  Signed up to go again in 2010, waiting for confirmation via snail mail.  Any questions, let me know.  Good Luck!

It is easy up here. But I would really start in the BFL or Weekend Series, then maybe the Strens. The Bassmaster Opens are no joke, these guys are really good.

The strens are really good too..

Hello guys! I'm actually signed up as a co-angler for all of the Northern and Southern Opens... I'm hoping to learn a lot and have fun! If any boater/ pro is looking for a practice partner PLEASE let me know! Don't worry, my lips are sealed in case you find a honey hole and I would pay for gas or beer... ;)

If any of you are still thinking of signing up for Smith or Seminole, I have seen tons of posts on other boards that are begging for links! They will split room costs and practice time too. I wish I would've waited... >:(

Cody- What tournaments are you on the waiting list for? I was still kicking around the thought of fishing Amistad...

Best of luck to all of you!

I fished the Southern Open on the Harris Chain this year.  I had a GREAT time.  Yes, these guys are good.  I was backboated the first day and then the second day our boat broke down.  Great experience.  I live in Indy and I wanted to fish another one in 2010.  There are no tournaments close.  Big pain in the butt to pack all your stuff and ship it on an airplane.  I would reccommend driving if you can.  Remember to bring cash for the boater for gas  $20-30

I fished the Southern Open on the Harris Chain this year. I had a GREAT time. Yes, these guys are good. I was backboated the first day and then the second day our boat broke down. Great experience. I live in Indy and I wanted to fish another one in 2010. There are no tournaments close. Big pain in the butt to pack all your stuff and ship it on an airplane. I would reccommend driving if you can. Remember to bring cash for the boater for gas $20-30

Frontended the first day

Boat broke the second day

Had a great time...Man, SkeeterB, you are certainly easy to please.

You can be my draw any day.

Jack

as a past co-angler,it's not hard at all. if you are looking to fish an flw circuit the best thing you can do is find a boater prior to meeting night that way when you sign up you will have priority w/ a guaranteed boater.the best way is to go on line and go under registration. if you have any question there is usually a number posted you can call to help you with your registration