Sign in to follow this  
Bream Master

You guys like Hawgcaller spinnerbaits

I am thinking about upgrading my spinnerbaits.  I have two $1 spinnerbaits that I got at Wal-Mart.  I have yet to catch a fish on them.  So, maybe if I upgrade to a better quality one, I might get better results.

I saw the Hawgcaller and was just wondering if you guys have used it.  What kind of spinnerbait do you use?

Thanks guys.

I don't know why, but I have had better results with the cheapo walmary $1 spinnerbaits. Primarily the black one with the red throat and a colorado blade. I have alot of different spinnerbaits, of all price ranges, and colors, and blade styles. But for some reason, I catch the most bass with the $1 junkie spinner.  I do however change the skirt to a silicone material, and sometimes I upgrade to a slightly larger blade depending on the water.

Upgrading to better spinnerbaits can't hurt anything.  With a better spinner you are going to get smoother blade action, stronger wires so you can bump more cover with them, and you are going to get a skirt that has better action under the water.  

I'm not familiar with Hawgcaller, but I have a lot of success fishing strike king spinnerbaits.  I really like the bleeding series and add a red trailer hook.

I catch loads off of the cheap Strike King $1.79 spinnerbaits. Including my seccond biggest bass, almost 5lbs.

Also cought my personal local lake record on one. Black and white are the best colors.

All of my spinner baits Call Hawgs; no seriously Hawg Caller spinner baits are excellent.

What you need to look at are the swivels, the better made swivels will let the blade spin easier. I personally use Stanley Wedge Plus because I believe they give of more vibration than any blade made.