Sign in to follow this  
newfisherman

Forum pays off

i'm pretty new to bass fishing.  a buddy called last night and asked if i would like to go this morning.  since there is a lot of talk on here about senko watermelon with black flake plastic,  i tied one on texas rig and hauled in a four pounder.  the biggest bass i've caught.  not too long after that i nabbed a 2.5 pounder.  

my buddy is a MUCH better fisherman than i am and he only caught one.  guess this stuff works.

Congrats! The senko is hard to beat most of the time.

You keep reading and asking questions and sooner or later your friend will jump out of the boat as you bring in a six-pounder after another six-pounder and he is catching dinks.

Congrats and we expect to see more posts from you so we can give you the "secrets" that we have learned over our lifetimes.

Congrats and welcome!

Welcome aboard!

8-)

thanks for all the well-wishes.

i really didn't know this hobby was so complex.  i figured i'd tie a lure on, throw it out, and reel in some fish.  i'm trying not to get overwhelmed.  

i've just picked out a few things to learn how to do.  texas rigs, topwaters, spinners, and basic crank baits for now.  and starting to learn how bass act at different times of the year and where they may best be located.