Sign in to follow this  
619bassman

San Diego Bass Heaven

San Diego may not be a bass anglers heaven due to all the silly regulations about only fishing on certain days and having to pay $5 a day just to fish. But if it werent for all that it sure would be close. Went out for about an hour this Sat  morning and caught a couple of nice fish. heres a pic of oneJoespics097.jpg

$5 dollars a day to fish and only on certain days sounds like some BULL$&!# Is that the policy of the place you fish or a local or state law?

btw, nice fish!

That was that way at all San Diego City lakes which is alot of the big name lakes.

5 to fish, 5 to launch a boat, and 5 dollars if trout are stocked.  And thats with valid state license.

Used to be in the summer, that the lake was open to ski only on certain days and some days both, but you could only go in one direction on the lake.    CCW.     Back when I spent 15 years in the Navy out there, those were the norms, if thats changed any, I see fees going up.

Oh, and you could only fish from sun up till sun down, no overnight fishing allowed and you had better be off the lake by sun down or else.

Only one rod was allowed to be used for fishing, even cats and crappie, but now, with some extra fees, you can purchase an extra rod usage stamp when renewing your license.

No landowners, thus no dock patterns, dogs not welcome to swim.   It was that way in 1980 and was in 1995.   Wonder how time has changed all that.

That was that way at all San Diego City lakes which is alot of the big name lakes.

5 to fish, 5 to launch a boat, and 5 dollars if trout are stocked. And thats with valid state license.

Used to be in the summer, that the lake was open to ski only on certain days and some days both, but you could only go in one direction on the lake. CCW. Back when I spent 15 years in the Navy out there, those were the norms, if thats changed any, I see fees going up.

Oh, and you could only fish from sun up till sun down, no overnight fishing allowed and you had better be off the lake by sun down or else.

Only one rod was allowed to be used for fishing, even cats and crappie, but now, with some extra fees, you can purchase an extra rod usage stamp when renewing your license.

No landowners, thus no dock patterns, dogs not welcome to swim. It was that way in 1980 and was in 1995. Wonder how time has changed all that.

I sure wouldnt mind paying $5 to fish in a trout stocked lake..  Especially knowing what kind of monsters live in those waters.