Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Matstone

Hidden Lake and my honeyhole

Today I convinced my husband to work tommorrow and fish today. ( He did not need much convincing)  ;D We started off at Hidden Lake the temperatures were about 80 degrees and the water temps were 68-70 degrees. Sunny skies overhead ! I am so glad that the weather is finally warming up and we can go out and fish without being so bundled up.  ;D ;D

We headed over to my favorite spot on the lake. A cove that seems to be more active. At least right now. The water temps are a little warmer there. It is only a few degrees cooler than on the other side of the late but it is amazing how much more active the fish are. I have noticed this a few other places that I have fished as well so it must mean something.  ;D ;D

We spent a great day on the boat and caught lots of fish. One caught my husband today too. It was a pickeral. He was a nice size pickeral and he caught it on a SJB. When getting the fish unhooked the fish jerked and hooked my hubby up too. OUCH! Needless to say but as you can imagine my husband definitely had a few choice words for the fish.  :o

We also came across a guy who was pulling a big snapping turtle out of the water. This guy was much braver than I.

We did not get too many pics but here are a few:

My first fish of the day. I got this one in the cove I was speaking about in about 3 feet of water. This fish was pretty frisky too. Popped right up out of the water. ( I love that )  ;D

N425c.jpg

My last fish of the day. I will put up 2 pics. The first one hubby took seems to be pretty dark I am not sure if it is my computer or not. I got this one right as were getting ready to leave.

N425A.jpg

N425b.jpg

Then I headed out to pick up the kids from school and finally I got to spend some time with my daughter on the water. She is the coolest! I love watching her fish. I swear this kid will chase a fish all around the pond until she catches it.  ;D ;D Today she caught quite a few sunfish and a pretty nice bass but we did not get pics of the bass. Daddy was on the other side of the pond with the camera. She caught all her fish on Tournament plastic baits rigged on a small jighead.

My Maddie's First fish of the day

maddiesfish.jpg

Here is the snapper that this guy pulled out of the water.

ST425A.jpg

Hope you guys got out there and had the chance to enjoy the fresh air and caught some fish too.  ;D

Almost forgot! Hubby caught this perch at the river the other day. I did not know that they get so big. Thought I would share

M422b.jpg

Wow!

What a wonderful family.  Great post.

8-)

Great day and quality time with the family, what more could you ask for? Great pics too. ;)

good goin!!  that is a huge perch!!!

That sounds like a great day!! Of course you had to wait to catch a big one before you left. Even if you had to haul the mail to pick up your daughter from school right!!!  ;D

sounds like a great family outing.  real cool.   your daughter is a cutie.  :)