Sign in to follow this  
BassinBoy

New PB at the Farm Pond!!!

Got my new PB at a farm pond tonight! Caught her on a drop shot with a zoom trick worm. Watermelon/Black Flake. She weighed about 4.5 pounds. I posted about this bass about a week ago asking how to catch her or her mate(even bigger).  Not to mention that ive been after them for almost 3 years. I took the advice and dropshoted for her. I caught her of of a submerged pine tree in about 3 feet of water. There a small dropoff in the bend of this pond and then a pine tree. I caught her really close to shore so not much of a fight. It was really cool and I cant wait to go back and try to catch the bigger one. Other than that caught some small ones on the dropshot and 2 bass of a Manns Swim Toad. First frog fish this year! Great night!

053108_18552.jpg

053108_18543.jpg

053108_18554.jpg

nice fish! . its always awesome when u have to work for a big fish and finally get it. i think working for it makes the catch even that much more memorable and freaking sweet.!!!! u better post that other picture when u catch her boy!!!!!

trav

way to go man.  that's super.  nice to see your persistence finally paid off.  i know as great as it was, that fish meant even more to ya after going through so much to finally catch it.  real cool. 8-)

CONGRATS !!!

As Ever,

skillet

Congratulations!

Nice fish, great pic.

8-)

Nice catch!  It is a great feeling when you finally hook into her after fishing her for a while.  It took me a year to hit mine, and I was pretty pumped about it... giving a couple fist pumps.  I am sure if someone walked by and saw me do that... he would say, this guy is  :o then it would've turned into this and then this and I would walk away saluting them