Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Lake Lanier drop-shot striper!?!

I went out this morning and started killing the fish in the rain on a drop-shot rig. I was reeling in to re-cast when a fish nailed my worm.  It turns out that it was a tiny Striper!  I never would have guessed that!

striperondrop-shot.jpg

Sometimes I make screaming faces in my pictures...I'm not pulling an Ike here.

nice striper man its always fun to catch fish no matter the species. You look a little suprised though  ;D

Ya we hardly ever catch Stripers under three to four lbs though.  And never on a drop shot rig! That was the smallest striper I've ever caught or seen anyone catch.  The fish is actually really far away from my body in the photo and makes it look much bigger.

Oh yes...it is a carrot stix!  I bought a 7'3" bait caster a couple weeks ago and was so impressed that I went out and bought a 6'8" spinning rod yesterday.  

that's so awesome besides just being a brilliant idea they look really cool. I cant wait to get my hands on one

I was DSing around some rock piles one day last year and caught a 21 lb carp.  what a fight and what a surprise.  it is kinda fun to catch something different on the DS once in awhile.

I bet that 21 lb. carp made you think you had the lake record! Must have been a crazy battle on DS gear!

that's a great picture man.  sounds like you really had fun.   everybody is getting carrot stix!  those must be some great rods.  a place around here got 'em and they were sold out in a couple of weeks.  love the look on your face man.  i looked about the same way when i saw the price on those carrot stix rods. ;D

Doesn't suprise me at all.  My buddy caught a 13lb striper at Castaic durning a night tournament on a T-rigged 7" power worm.  :)

Hawgcaller...If I can just manage to catch one fish this year, like the ones you've been catching, I'll post a picture of a genuine Ike freak out!