Sign in to follow this  
peidy_p

awesome catch

Me and a freind of mine went out on the lake the other day. We were doing good. We had caught about 20 or so fish all in the 2 lb range. I was fishing a worm with light line on a spinning set up. He was throwing everything. He then ties on a buzzbait and starts throwing that.  So he cross' my line and we get tangled. Needles to say I have to retie my line. Then he throws out across the front of the boat and then wam a big explosion. He missed. while im still getting my stuff back together he goes back after the fish. This time he hooked her. she's a hog of a fish. He gets her to the boat and I landed her she was a mule. The fish weighed 9 even wich is a great fish for our area. We was so jacked up. I was just as excited as he was even though he cut me off on purpose (jj). We were pre fishing a tournament. To bad we didn't catch her tournament day.

I dont know why but the fish by us have smaller mouth and shorter bodies than fish from inland lakes. Maybe someone  knows the answer to this. Well anyway heres a pic.

post-14765-130162985278_thumb.jpg

great story. great fish

That thing is a hoss, great fish!!

It deals with what the fish is eating. It will develop a larger mouth as necessary. Nice fish man.