Sign in to follow this  
X-Rap

Finally got out on a boat!!

I dont own a boat yet and the closest thing i have to one is my canoe and my float tube.  So when my neighboor down the road asked if I wanted to go out I was pumped.  We went to a little lake in PA called Cross Creek Lake.  I didn't really know what to expect.  When we got there there were already a bunch of boats on the water.  While we were waiting to launch the boat I ended up catching 2 nice ones on a t-rigged zoom fineese worm and two more on a 1/8 oz. spinnerbait which was an awsome start.  The only problem was the guy with the boat isn't much in to bassin' and is mainly a pan fish guy but I made due.  We trolled around a little and I only had one hit on my spinnerbait.  Then we headed down to the dam and I imediatly hooked into this decent fish.

103NIKON-DSCN0082_DSCN0082.jpg

I ended up catching two more on the spinnerbait and another on a drop shot rig.  We trolled around a little more with no luck and the got fed up with all the other boats and loaded up.  On our way home we decided to hit a farm pond that he knew about.  As soon as we got there I knew it was gonna be good.  The pond was awsome and actually had some flooded timber.  Here's the pond.

103NIKON-DSCN0089_DSCN0089.jpg

103NIKON-DSCN0090_DSCN0090.jpg

Right off the bat I hooked into this good 2 11 fish on a spinnerbait.

103NIKON-DSCN0085_DSCN0085.jpg

The i actually started catching some perch which were something i've never caught in a pond around here. They were loving the spinnerbait too.

103NIKON-DSCN0086_DSCN0086.jpg

I fished around and caught a bunch more nice fish and missed a hawg in the trees.  Today was great!

Nice fish and I like the structure.  Just maybe your neighbor might be more prone to a little bass fishin now!

thats a great spot!!  nice bass and perch.

If you offer to teach him to bass fish and after he saw what you did you may have a regular ride in his boat. Good job and the stock tank looks great.