Sign in to follow this  
BassinAssassin171

Nice bass with a BIG OLE carp on TOPWATER

A few buddies and I head up to the lake for some fishin today and the bluebird sky and windy conditions didn't yield too much of a bite for the most part. I finally changed to a jig after only catching a couple dinks and on my first cast after adding a trailer I landed a nice 4 lber. (pictured below). Fishing was rather slow and we were kinda gettin frustrated (especially when my friend tossed me a bag of ice and it landed on the edge of my leg, flipping my balancing polarized sunglasses into the water to sink into the murky underdark... >:()

We headed back to the docking area and two feeders started going off. A bunch of grass carp started feeding and we decided to throw whatever we had at them. I nearly hooked one on a worm hook outfitted with a pretzel form out lunch. My friend landed an 11 lb. carp with a Mt. Ranier Cherry from out lunch. Later I decided to go all out and tie on a topwater. I cast it into the feeding frenzy and let it sit until an big carp rolled on it and gave me one heck of a fight! He went 20 lbs. on the digital scale and made for some nice pics.

Carpbass002.jpg

Carpbass003.jpg

Carpbass004-1.jpg

Carpbass006.jpg

Carpbass007.jpg

you wish it fought better, Hudson... i smell jealousy ::) haha

I caught mine on a BASS LURE! They don't even eat stuff like that they are herbivores!

Ratl trap you say? wow thats impressive as well

cool trip.  multi species too.  you guys should do an in-fisherman show. ;D  man if those carp were on spinning tackle, y'all really had your hands full.  ;D  those grass carp are some hard-pullin' dudes. :o

Thanks, Paul.  Yeah I landed that sucker on spinning gear with 8 lb. test line.  He put up a heck of a fight.  Actually Robert had already planned on filming a few of our fishing trips  ;D  we never got around to it last time though and he is out of town now.... will send you the first episode though!  ;)