Sign in to follow this  
Mattlures

Twins!

I went fishing a couple days ago and had a decent day. Nothing huge but it was still fun. I showed up at the lake at around 10 and fished untill about 1:30 I got bit and landed one about 6lbs within the first ten minutes. I didnt weight it and I didnt take pictures becuase there were a bunch of other fisherman around and I didnt want them to see that the bass were right under their noses biting. I let it go quickly. I then coverd a lot of water without another bite. I was just about ready to go home when I got my second bite. This time when I swung and stuck this fish I noticed it wasnt alone. there was another one that came in with it trying to steal my swimbait out of the other fishes mouth. I quickly put the first fish one a stringer and casted out. I didnt get the twin on the very next cast but it was probably 3 casts later. Both fish hit hard and it was fun. Becuase I saw that they were only 5-7lbs I let them jump and I fought them but only a little bit. I didnt want to push my luck too much. There was a guy and his wife a few feet away fishing that couldnt believe I caught fish on that huge lure(ha ha my baby bass is only about 4 1/2 in) He started taking pictures so I asked him if he would use my camera and take a few for me since I was fishing alone. I asked him what he thought they weighed and he said "I have no idea, I have never seen bass that big..... maybe 10lbs" I luaghed and said I thought they were both around 6. I weighed them with my salter and they were 6 even and 6.1. I felt prety cool calling their weights that good! lol.

I was using a light swimbait rod with a low pro Okuma VS bait caster and I think 20lb test. bait of choice was my baby bass slow rolled.

Both fish spent about 5 minutes total on the stringer and then they were released good and strong.

IMG_0056.jpg

those are good 'uns matt.  great pic too.  i've just gotta start playing around with swimbaits more.  btw, i pm'd ya a couple of questions.  did you get that?  although these fish are just another day at the office for you, they're awesome to the rest of us.  congrats.

Sorry about that Paul. i read your PM and forgot to respond. I responed now though  :)

Nice fish Matt!

Great fish Matt. Funny you almost caught them both on the same cast. My brother caught a couple small bass at the same time on a big Rapala once.

Those are spectacular bass to me.  3 pounds probably being the largest one I've ever caught, I'd be dumbstruck to catch one that size, let alone 3 in the same day.

Those are spectacular bass to me.  3 pounds probably being the largest one I've ever caught, I'd be dumbstruck to catch one that size, let alone 3 in the same day.

Just another day at the beach for these guys... ;D

You could of told me that you are a master photo shopper and that they were in fact the same fish, and I would of bought it.  They really are twins.  Cool pic.

Thanks guys, LBH 3 6's in one day is good day for me this late in the year. It all depends on the what when and where. If all I could muster was 3 6's while I was sight fishing I would consider it a poor day almost a failer. If I caught them while worm fishing it would be a GREAT day. Now summertime swimbaiting I think its a alright day. It comes down to expectations. I was hoping for a 10 but I didnt realy expect to get one so 3 good bites is a fun day. I probably wont do too much more LMB fishing for a while. Now its time to catch salty fish!!