Sign in to follow this  
basser89

Another lunchtime outing (with pic)

After looking at the weather report last evening, I decided to bring some gear to work with me today for a lunchtime adventure. As I got to the lake, it was pretty drery looking, overcast, raining on & off and the water looked stained at best but I decided to wet some line (forgot my rain gear! ooops!) anynways. I decided to see how active the bite was going to be so I decided to slow roll a spinnerbait around the trees and laydowns. Well my decision paid off! with about 10 minutes to go before I had to head back to work, I managed a decent 19 1/2" 4lb 4oz toad! Here's a pic of her.

post-161-130162990253_thumb.jpg

Ok Sean....enough...lol!

I just might have to come down there soon!

Ian

Maybe you and me should go out for lunch sometime. Wonder if the boss would let me have a 3-4 hour lunch break ;D

Nice fish

Just tryin to keep ya on your toes Little Brother!  :)

Jake, I'm game! Now how are we going to convince your boss?  ;D

Have I mentioned its really nice having a lake like that 10 minutes from work????  ;)

I work within feet of reclaimed phosphate pits and can't fish them because it's illegal! I see hawgs blow up on frogs and even small birds regularly. Now that is depressing!  :'(

Nice fish! It must be nice to be able to fish when you're at work.

Thanks. Now keep in mind, that I use my lunch hour to fish instead of eat! Like I said, its literally a 10 minute drive to the lake so it leaves me about 40 minutes to wet the lines. A couple years back, my manager at that time fished as well and would come along on rare occassions. Got to get an "extended lunch" on those days. The rough part is having to leave when I put a good pattern together early!  :-/

Dink whisperer, that would drive me nuts not to be able to fish there! Depressing indeed!!!

I used to do a lunch time bass trip when I lived in New York.  It was something I would forward to all morning.  Problem was I rarely got back to work on time.  I was pretty good at making excuses for awhile, but I finally got busted and had to cool it.   I just couldn't make the last cast the last cast.

I used to do a lunch time bass trip when I lived in New York. It was something I would forward to all morning. Problem was I rarely got back to work on time. I was pretty good at making excuses for awhile, but I finally got busted and had to cool it. I just couldn't make the last cast the last cast.

Trust me Avid, I know exactly what you're talking about with the one last cast! As long as I don't abuse it, my boss doesn't mind me showing up a little late, once in a while. But is sure is hard leaving a spot that's hot!

Nice fish.

There's only one thing better then fishing while you work, that is working while you fish.