Sign in to follow this  
avid

some more top water action

Another day of bank fishing with excellent top water action.  The featured bait this day was a white Heddon Super Spook jr.   I caught 4 in less than two hours, but had 4 more swipe at the lure and miss it.   I gotta tell you that seeing a fish slam a spook so hard it goes airborne is great fun.  Especially if you finally catch him.

This guy hit the lure 3 times.  Two were swirl/swipes, the third was a full slam, and on the fourth attack I finally hooked him.   Gotta love it.

ss.jpg

Sounds like a good day...btw, I have never even had a fish look at the bone colored original....maybe I need to try the Super Spook Jr

Great pic! I have a lot more confidence in the Jr. than the larger one. I'm looking forward to trying one I got recently (Ghost) ;)...

skillet

Great pic! I have a lot more confidence in the Jr. than the larger one. I'm looking forward to trying one I got recently (Ghost) ;)...

skillet

x2

junior is a great lure

Sweet! I love it when they swipe, swirl, and jump over a Spook and miss. :) Of course catching them is the most fun. I'm glad you had a good time.