Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Matstone

My weekend adventures

This weekend the weatherman promised the weather was going to be nice so I decided to take him on his word and do as much fishing as I possible could do. I just could not wait to feel that nice warm sunshine on my back again.

Friday my husband and I did not have a whole lot of time but headed out to see how my favorite honeyhole was going to treat us this year. First thing I did when we got there was run up and feel the water, it was not real warm but felt warm enough for me to be tossin that shad around so I did. Waded out just far enough so I could toss my line around the side of some pretty tall cat tails and along the edge of some nice lilypads where I thought for sure that some fish may be sunning themselves. Sure enough they were and I managed to get myself one of them. ;D She was not huge but it was so good to be catching fish on topwater again!!

n1.jpg

Saturday was looking to be even warmer so Matt and I loaded up the boat and took an hour drive to the top of the mountain to another lake. Needless to say we did not last long there. It was sure not warmer and the wind was so bad I was afraid to stand up in the boat for fear of getting blown out. We headed out of there quickly and decided to try another lake in the middle of the mountain that was a little smaller. Hopefully a little less wind there. Luckily we were right. Water temps were about 58 degrees here and the fish seemed to be hanging tight to structure. The fishing was tough but we did manage to hit a few and miss a few too.

Another one that I ended up with...

n3.jpg

Today my friend and I decided to feed the boys some lunch and head over to the creek behind my house to try to catch some smallies. She does not fish very much at all but I was determined she learn to and being the good sport she is she went along with me. ;D

See this?

jenI2.jpg

That is all we got.. a big ole nothing. It appears that the little hole I found last year the trout fisherman found this year and the fish were not biting at all by the time we got there. Still all in all we had a great day and alot of laughs.

Until next time.... It is supposed to be 79 degrees this Saturday boys so do what you have to do to make it happen but get out there and fish. I am sure plannin on it, and good luck to you! ;D

Nice bass and great pics.

sounds like a great weekend to me. nice job! :)

It is supposed to be 79 degrees this Saturday boys so do what you have to do to make it happen but get out there and fish.

I'll be out there for sure.  Great pics!!

It's great to get out.

Nice pics!

8-)