Sign in to follow this  
SirSnookalot

A strike on every cast.

I kid you not , a strike on every cast for over an hour.  Hit the pier about sunrise and the bluerunners were busting everywhere.  Schooling fish generally run all the same size and these guys went around 3#.  Hard to put a count  em, but I would think somewhere around 150-200 caught by 6 of us.  Most fun I've had in quite sometime, this little guys really fight.

Nice, i had one of those days blue fishing in rhode island a couple years ago.  We stayed on a school for an hour or two and were throwing all sorts of stuff, including spinnerbaits, and couldn't cast without having a fish on in seconds.

Thrilling, aint it?

Dream come true.

Wish I could do that.  :)

Even though I don't like the way the Bluefish taste, they sure are a blast to catch!

Just so you Northern guys understand, Sirsnookalot is not talking about Bluefish.  He's talking about Bluerunners which is a completely different species.  

Great day SirSnook.  Those runners are super fun on ultralite.  I'm surprised the cudas weren't chasing them down.

Just so you Northern guys understand, Sirsnookalot is not talking about Bluefish. He's talking about Bluerunners which is a completely different species.

Great day SirSnook. Those runners are super fun on ultralite. I'm surprised the cudas weren't chasing them down.

That's right a runner is no bluefish, had it been bluefish I would have lasted 3 or 4 fish and gone home to take a nap.

No cudas around :'( and today will probably produce nothing. Those frenzies usually only last 10 minutes or so, then the bait moves out and the fish go with them.

Edit:  Went back today, not a strike.........and so it goes lol