Sign in to follow this  
Ellesar

Anaconda's on ledges

Well the bigger fish have really moved out of the coves and pockets on Guntersville. They're a little late this year because the grass hasn't grown up as fast thanks to our weird weather this spring. There are still tons of smaller 1-3 lbers in the coves and you can go and catch 50-75+ of those almost at will. But the bigger fellows have moved deep. Went last night and hammered them on the ledges using my favorite big worm. Caught a few while there was still light, but most came as the sun went down, it was like someone turned a switch on and we caught them one after another. Gonna include a small one that we caught with enough light to take pictures. Best 5 went about 28 lbs. I really wish they'd do this when I'm in a tournament! Biggest fish was 7.6 lbs and caught right as we were fixing to head in. Had my older son with me and he about crapped himself when I got it in the boat. He's never seen a fish that big in real life.

We did check some "honey holes" up shallow and I included a picture of the monster I caught there. It was a very ambitious fish as the Pop'r is almost as big as he is!

I love having guntersville close by, I'm so spoiled now. That place is so good that it even makes me look like I know what I'm doing!

Long live the anaconda! I've had more success with this worm than any others I've tried BY FAR. Can't wait for the new chunk worm to come out. The Zoom speedworm is a constant producer for me and the new ragetail looks like it just might be a better replacement. Can't wait to try it out and put it through its paces on the big G.

Big O, If you need someone to product test it on Guntersville, I'd be glad to!

post-14129-130162992321_thumb.jpg

post-14129-13016299233_thumb.jpg

post-14129-130162992339_thumb.jpg

way to go man  for some reason theses fish in ohio dont like the rage tail stuff only thing theyl eat it a rage chunck on a jig

Man, nice fish!

8-)

No way that's a 7.6, i say 7.4 at the most, LOL! J/K, very nice catch guys! CONGRATS

Good to hear someone caught them at night.  Last time I went out at night I fished till 3am and had a 3lber, and let one get off....that was it!  I have been looking for a better choice of worm though.  I may have to try the ol anaconda.  

WTG Ellesar, your slammin the fish friend and that's a real nice one you're holding for sure.....BTW, your Triton appears to be the same model and color as mine, Fine rig  ;)

Big O

www.ragetail.com