Sign in to follow this  
J Francho

7/3/09 - City Dump

Got out on I-bay today. Spent most of the day deep cranking, but did take time to hit some of the assorted laydowns, oil drums, and sunken cars, LOL. Had a funny fish on a jig, with my line draped over a log. Ended up launching the fish over my shoulder on the hookset. Obviously a dink. I ended up with about 25 fish, most were legal size, and four over 3 lbs., the biggest being 3.35. No monsters, though I did catch a nice northern and a drum (sheephead).

One weird thing that ticked me off. I'm paddling by a marina, maybe about 50 yards off the deepest slip. There is this pontoon boat idling toward me. I figure they saw me catch a fish, and were going to stop and shoot the bull. As they close in - and there really isn't any reason for them to head my way, unless they wanted to talk, I keep fishing and give the capt. the "nod" and say hi. They guy just stares in my direction, he's not a young guy, maybe in his 50's, so I'm not thinking he's going to start trouble.

He gets withing about 6 feet of my yak, turns hard to port, spinning the stern in my direction, which is now about 4 feet from me. I am standing, and figure, what a jerk, and keep fishing. Then he hits the throttle full blast and motors away as fast as his POS 'toon can go. I'm like what is that all about? Whatever, I called the Sheriff, and gave him the last 4 numbers of his reg. Hope he had a nice night. I know what slip he came from, and you can bet I'll be skipping some 1 oz. jigs under his 'toon, LOL. What a Nixon!

Other than that, it was a great day. Sky was mostly overcast with breaks of sunlight, wind alternated W to NW or NNW, <15 mph. I didn't get water temps, but they had to be in the mid to upper 70s. Most fish came from well off key ledges in 8 to 12 FOW. A few came on spinnerbait, slow rolled and popped off weeds and drop offs, another nice fish on a t-rig Anaconda, but the lions share came on a LC Slim Shad, Daiwa Peanut, and LC Flat Deep diver.

Thankfully those types of people are few and far between and will all be payed back for their stupidity in due time....It's a shame that they aren't happy folks like the rest of us but it's their own fault. So to his unhappiness in himself, we can be confident that he will roll in it ;) May not be nice of me to say, but that makes me kinda happy ;D

Glad you caught a pile of fish  

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Thanks man.  That dude didn't ruin my day at all.  I just didn't understand it - why mess with a guy on a kayak?  I didn't give him the satisfaction of giving in or sitting down, I just stood there, and kept fishing like he wasn't there, LOL.

Since I didn't get any pictures, here's a couple of me on the yak from last year:

354586701_gxURg-L.jpg

354586387_MYPi2-M.jpg

Unless you're a bass, not very menacing  ;D

"What a Nixon"

Nice yak setup btw, looks awesome.

on that picture from last year, what is that trailor? a noires bug?

next time, take a cordless drill and a 3/16 bit...JK..he'll get his in due time...Karma...

Nice work out there...pic's are cool too.. ;)

on that picture from last year, what is that trailor? a noires bug?

Looks like a paca craw to me.  The nories bug has 2 small extensions on the end...don't see them in the picture but it could be because its blurry.

post-11232-130162992839_thumb.jpg

Its not a Paca Craw.  Considering the date, was probably a Chigger Craw, possibly with a trimmed body.

that pontoon boat guy reminds me of one time fishing in pa on raystown lake a guy in a seed boat was comeing at me at my guess 50-60mph get about 20 feet from me and cuts it hard sending a tidle wave over me and my boat filling it with about 2 1/2 to 3 inchs of water