Sign in to follow this  
Daniel_Hwang

How do you get someone who hates fishing, like it?

Call Me up Daniel, I'll probably already be out on the water already, see ya at school.

One of my best buds that I fish with didn't even want to give it a try. So I took the liberty of entering us into a tourament.  I picked a lake that I knew very well.  We finished in the money, not alot $, but made it well worth it. I think what got him hooked was the majestic scene of 80 fine bass boats waiting to blast and putting him in the drive seat. I'm sure most of us can remember that feeling in our first tourny.

I didnt know there were people out there that hate fishing!  One of the things I like about the Casting Kids program and Jr. Clubs is that it gives people education starting at a younger age.  I belonged to a club last year that took the Jr. Club out fishing twice.  Nobody caught very much that day but everyone still had a lot of fun.  

I can relate.  I just took up fishing again two years ago but it is "too slow"according to my 15yr old.  He is an athlete, backpacker, hiker, camper and very active.  Now that this site is improving my fishing skills I am going to take him to show how "active" it actually can be.

For those of you with young kids believe me, start them now.

Cheers

Take them to a farm pond where they will have high chances of catching fish and have them throw a topwater bait. If they can get a couple bites with a topwater they will usually start to enjoy fishing.

If you take them fishing and they aren't having a good time I think I would just push them in the lake.... Maybe they will like swimming instead.