Sign in to follow this  
Yankee_lake

tube bait

In open water you can use an exposed hook jighead. I prefer the internal heads. In situations where you need weedless, use a wide gap hook Texposed, with or without a weight. You can use an internal weight or an external slip sinker.

I like thin-walled tubes like Zoom, Luck-E-Strike and BPS Tender Tubes, in blacks, pumpkinseeds and one or two other colors, such as watermelon, smoke with purple flakes, natural shell, but I feel that just about any color can work well.

i use a 4/0 EWG hook for 4" tubes and i use 1/4 oz bullet weight.

i like BPS Tubes and Zoom tubes. Black Neon/Red Flake is one of the best colors. watermellon red, and green pumpkin are good too.

Get the yum Garret tube. They are great and I have caught a couple of 5lbers on them this week on some ponds. I like watermellon seed and watermelon blue flake.

I use a 4/0 ewg gammy, with anywhere to 1/4-1/2 sinker depending thickness of cover. Clearwater tackle co. make great smaller tube, while i buy strike king tubes for flippin heavy cover, also bps makes good flippin tubes, set the hook as hard as you can with tubes.

Here is a thing not many people do, fish a tube weightless just like a soft jerkbait. Fish it in the same situation that you would fish a soft jerkbait and use the same type of retrive it gives the fish a different look.

Also if you are fishing a lake and the fish are chasing small sunfish try a weightless brown tube with a chart. tail (I usually use a Venom pumpkinseed tube and I dye the end of the tenticles with chart. spike-it) Fish the tube fast on top like you would a soft jerkbait, if you do it right the fish will show no mercey on your tube)

BTW when you are fishing a weightless tube it is very easy to miss fish remeber that when a fish hits on the surface wait until you feel the fishes weight to set the hook.