Sign in to follow this  
playmaker47

Bomber Square A's

i just got a couple of these and have never had Square A's before and i was just wondering how do you guys have your most success using these.

They work great fished around rocks and wood, with the square lip they bounce of structure drawing strikes.

Cast.......reel...........hang on ;D.  I usually use them in 8ft. of water or less.  My favorite place to use them is along tree lines.

??? Oh my God.  I've never heard of these. What's going on? WHAT'S GOING ON????!?!!!????

Hank Parker had this on one of his shows recently. the square lip makes the crank shake wider, also the back end of it sticks up and the front is down, keeping the body blocking the hooks from any structure.

I haven't used one. tell us how they work.

i love these cranks!!! my favorite thing to do with them is to cut of the front hook off each trebble so it has 2 hooks on the back side.  this makes it more weedless, and i bring them through grasssbeds.  i catch loads doin this

One of my most consistant producers. I've recommended this lure on several threads mainly because it is so user friendly. Cast- retrieve, it's that simple.

Fish the Square A just outside the weedline, parallel to the bank, over stump fields, through timber and around any type of structure. Fish it in spots you might normally fish a spinnerbait. About the only thing that doesn't work too well is trying to pull the lure through vegetation, the treble hooks will catch and accumulate the weeds.

This is a VERY effective lure and easy to fish. I fish it with a steady retrieve, nothing fancy. Cast, let it sit for a moment or two and retrieve at a moderate pace to keep the lure below the surface. Don't try to make it complicated, there's really nothing to it.

Are the treble hooks any good on the bomber or do you guys change them and if so, with what kind and size.  Thanks!

I don't change them out. I don't recall the hooks being promoted, so they may be just proprietary hooks, not Gammies or Diaichi, but they're okay.

I went to the Bomber website and I don't see the "Square A" listed, I see Model A, Flat A & Fat A, but no Square A, are they still made?

If so, where can you find them?