Sign in to follow this  
Maxximus Redneckus

lucky craft

Anyone notice how similiar luckycrafts are to BPS brand crankbaits/jerkbaits/hardbaits not really the colors but more so shape, finish, size and eyes???

yes, I have. BPS even tries to package some of their lures to resemble some of the LC packaging. Its deceitful if you ask me.

nope calcutta  but i do know if LC is makin BPS lures they are makin a killin sellin Luckycraft packeged lures along with BPS branded ones even at a 60% price differance :)

I'm not sure about the comparision of the H20 baits to lucky craft, but I will say that the H20 baits are an excellent value.  I'm not giving up my LC's, but I fish the  H20's as well.

The basspro shop brand jerkbaits suck. The lips break off the suspend bad. Luckycrafts stop and they walk the dog.

makes ya wonder if bps factory has the same molds :)

I think that's what they want you to think. When you compare the simialar models the weights, lengths and details are different. The crankbaits also have different shaped bills.

LC'S are better quality.  I recently bought a LC flat CB and similar BPS  xps crank are the same time.  The LC has through wire construction (look at the bill, wire goes from line tie into the bogy of the bait) and better tungsten rattles.  That said, the BPS seems to be a decent bait for the money.  It runs true with a decent action.  If you go with LCs get a plug knocker while you're at it.  Knowing you can get your $18 crank back will let you fish it the way you need to.  

Bama Nate

Anyone notice how similiar luckycrafts are to BPS brand crankbaits/jerkbaits/hardbaits not really the colors but more so shape, finish, size and eyes???

BPS baits action is a lot worse. BUT, their lipless crank and their Rick Clunn 2.5 knock of are stellar, just switch the hooks.

nope calcutta but i do know if LC is makin BPS lures they are makin a killin sellin Luckycraft packeged lures along with BPS branded ones even at a 60% price differance :)

Lucky Crafts are made in Japan; BPS baits are made in China.  Any product that is made or assembled in another country has to be labeled accordingly.