Sign in to follow this  
basspro48

I'M BACK!!!

Just got back from Hampton yesterday, I was at Bassmaster University. Let me tell you I was completely blown away by the whole deal. I got to meet and talk to guys like KVD, Ike, Woo Daves, Jimmy Houston, Gary Klein, and Randy Howell. I was amazed at how approachable these guys were. For example, I walked outside for a second during one of Klein's seminars and KVD and Ike were out there talking. So I went up, said hi, and got to sit down and talk fishing with 'em for like 20 minutes. They treated me, a 15 year old kid, with the utmost respect and I enjoyed every second of it. Now the actual seminars were something else, I have at least 11 pages of notes front and back. I learned so many things its insane. And these guys are very entertaining during their seminars. Got to sit in the front center row both days ;). The real fun was all the free stuff, at least $75 worth of it, hard baits, soft-plastics, line, BPS discount cards, it was just awesome. And Gary Klein actually gave me an authorized Quantum Pro-staff discount card for all the new Quantum PT products, that's a 40% discount!!! :o. After meeting and talking to these guys I realize that they are very nice and down to earth guys who are just like you and me. And Ike actually did a little break-dancin show for us ;)  

Sorry I don't have the all the pictures on my pc yet but I will get them ASAP. Sorry also for the long post, I am just so pumped up after getting to meet all my heroes.

That's great!  I wish I could have been there.  Sounds like all my favorites were there.  From what I've been told, most of the pro guys are down to earth people.

I'm glad you got a chance to meet them!

Hey basspro,

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time! Glad to hear the pros treated you well too!

Rest assured, we'll be drilling you on what you learned! LOL! Can't wait to see the pics!

Wow, that's great!!

Not only a great learning experience (especially with you being so young) but a great time too!

Glad you got such a good experience out of it.

Now go apply what you learned!!

now this goes back to a earlier thread about bass pros not having to be role models that so many people here said.  i said from the get go that being in the spotlight and being a role model was part of the job .  imagine if these guys were a  holes and someones kids who really never had a good role model in his life witnessed such rude behavior instead.    

Now do you all think bass pros still dont have to conduct themselves above and beyond?  i would hope not!!

You need to email me those notes....

Will do ASAP, and anyone else who wants 'em  

Here's a couple pics, I don't have'em on my pc yet so I just took pictures of the pictures

KVD:http://photobucket.com/albums/a133/basspro48/?action=view&current=BMU_BPS012.jpg

Ike:http://photobucket.com/albums/a133/basspro48/?action=view&current=BMU_BPS010.jpg

Daves:http://photobucket.com/albums/a133/basspro48/?action=view&current=BMU_BPS015.jpg

Howell:http://photobucket.com/albums/a133/basspro48/?action=view&current=BMU_BPS013.jpg

Klein:http://photobucket.com/albums/a133/basspro48/?action=view&current=BMU_BPS017.jpg

I'll get the rest soon.( if you want me to e-mail you all my notes pm me with your e-mail address and I will send'em to you )

ill take um to.  thanks man.  i cant wait to go to the one here in GA

Note to all people who requested my BMU notes, I won't be able to get 'em out today. But I will  definetly be able to get 'em out by tomorrow. Thank you for understanding.  

Guest avid

Great Post.   Sounds like an awesome time.

I really liked the photos you posted

I have a question about the pic with Ike.  

Which one is the 15 year old kid?  ;D ;D

May I order the special also please.   Notes over easy.   Glad you got your monies worth.   You looked jazzed in those pictures.

If you could  have only one picture, who would you choose one , or one big group photo?

Hey New_Bass_Man and Matt_Fly, if you'll pm me with your e-mail addresses I will be happy to get the notes to you.

Thanks.

and Matt, I would probably choose a group picture with all the guys in it. Priceless ;)  

could I get a copy too please? I need all the help I can get...

AL