Sign in to follow this  
BD

Sowbelly....

Who has read it here? I see Chris from TBO has, didn't recgonize any other review names. I think this is the next 'must' read book for me :)

Sowbelly is a good book if you want to know what goes on in the life of some of these big bass hunters. If you are looking to learn, there is absolutely nothing technical about it. I recommend Big Bass Zone.

Yeah I wanted to read it solely for it's writing. (I was a journalism major in college)

From the reviews I have read, and whatnot, it seems a great read.

I will buy it.

For those that know me, I have tons of ideas for forums, I compose music, I enjoy watching CSI type stuff......the point is, I am all over the place lol. Sorry LBH if it came across as a 'how to' book, I heard it was a great read in general. Actually the reviews make it like it's a must read. :o

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0525948635/sr=8-1/qid=1140671152/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-5044822-4171055?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I don't know if this is 100% true but I heard Mike Long kicked Monte Burk out of his boat when he was writing this book interviewing Mike Long.  Seems Monte was more interested in digging up gossip than reporting the story.  I have read the book and thought it was good but then I heard from a friend about Monte's intentions.  

Mike

Bd, I got it from amazon for .99 brand new, can't beat that!

Man that's a deal!

Of the four or five 'bass fishing books'  I have read, it is probably my favorite.

As mentioned above, it is not a book of tips or techniques, but more on the human nature

and obsessions of people and how it has effected their lives.

I would be surprised if anyone on this site read it and didn't at the very least enjoy it.

Triton Mike You are correct. Monte kept asking Mike about the other anglers trying to invent fueds and dig up dirt. Mike took him back to the dock. I know a lot of the guys he talks about in the book and I think Monte did a good job discribing them with the exception of the chapter"the San Diego zoo" where he makes Mike look kind bad. Other than that the book is a great read and I was unable to put it down until I finished it. It is a good insight to how obsessed these guys are.

Matt,   Thanks for verifying that.  I know my sources are pretty close to Mike so I wouldn't post anything like that above if I had a weak source  or if I was unsure.  

Mike